January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

and I feel Emery doesn't trust him as a winger. I think he ants his type of Winger for Left Mid and he might play a 10 like Coutinho / Buendia alongside a Watkins / Ings to drop deep from forward line and then winger attacks the space. 

I hope we get this Winger he wants this window.

We need to buy a winger so I don’t have to see Buendia or Bailey play as much and stink the joint out. They’re our two weak links for me. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We need to buy a winger so I don’t have to see Buendia or Bailey play as much and stink the joint out. They’re our two weak links for me. 

Weren't we supposed to be back in for Sarr?

I guess Danjuma has experience coming from left which gives up option to play 3 forward players if we want. We currently dont have that option unless we want to play a tortoise in Buendia/Coutinho in that position. 

No idea if he'll cut in PL but Emery will know better than anyone. If its a loan, little to lose. 

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Weren't we supposed to be back in for Sarr?

I think that was just a lazy link carrying on from the Gerrard era, think that has died away now and Emery has his own targets.

17 minutes ago, duke313 said:

To be honest I expect our scouts and other clubs scouts are at all the better talents games around Europe whether we have interest or not.  This is like saying water is wet.  

More interesting when senior people or manager is at the game or offers go in.  The fact that clubs have scouts/representatives at a game is nothing new and should be and is the norm.

If Moreno is going to be one of the options on the left alongside the different profiles of Buendia and Ramsey who do we think this RW is going to be?

The links to Guendouzi suggest he might play further forward on the right, in a 8/10 position but I think Emery is looking for options at present and MG is one of them. 

For me if we could get someone like Chiesa that would be amazing for this team as he’s technical, rapid, great finisher as far as I’m aware and direct. He can also beat a man (long shot I know). 

There’s Pino but his numbers aren’t great.

Other prominent older names include Tête at Lyon, Nico Williams, Marcus Edwards, Marco Asensio, Raphinha, Bryan Mbeumo, Dango Outtara, Ismailia Sarr. 

Out of the above I think Tete looks a talent, as does Nico Williams and Edwards  would be happy with any of those. With Mbeumo we know he’d be used to the league at least although Brentford would pull our pants down with the fee.

Curveballs could include Gustav Isaksen (21), Johan Bakayoko (19), Rayan Cherki (19), Pablo Solari (21), Luca Langoni (20), Wilson Odebert (18)

9 hours ago, Podster said:

I am over the moon with the Moreno signing, I am moaning about the fact that he is the only signing, YES, I know there is over 2 weeks left in the window, and I question why we didnt have more like him lined up to sign when the window opened.

We will have had targets lined up.  January is a shit month to do business in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'd be surprised if Buendia isn't a big player for Emery

• Like 4

1 hour ago, burchy said:

If Moreno is going to be one of the options on the left alongside the different profiles of Buendia and Ramsey who do we think this RW is going to be?

The links to Guendouzi suggest he might play further forward on the right, in a 8/10 position but I think Emery is looking for options at present and MG is one of them. 

For me if we could get someone like Chiesa that would be amazing for this team as he’s technical, rapid, great finisher as far as I’m aware and direct. He can also beat a man (long shot I know). 

There’s Pino but his numbers aren’t great.

Other prominent older names include Tête at Lyon, Nico Williams, Marcus Edwards, Marco Asensio, Raphinha, Bryan Mbeumo, Dango Outtara, Ismailia Sarr. 

Out of the above I think Tete looks a talent, as does Nico Williams and Edwards  would be happy with any of those. With Mbeumo we know he’d be used to the league at least although Brentford would pull our pants down with the fee.

Curveballs could include Gustav Isaksen (21), Johan Bakayoko (19), Rayan Cherki (19), Pablo Solari (21), Luca Langoni (20), Wilson Odebert (18)

Very intrigued to see if they go down the more established route with more "known" names like Chukwueze or Nico Williams, or gamble a little and go for the likes of a Dango Ouattara who you mentioned, who is an incredibly exciting if he projects forward from how he is performing now.

I think Emery will want at least one "ally" who knows his methods/process/expectations already - be that a Chukwueze, Guendouzi etc.

Just happy to sit back and see how the rest of the window falls.

30 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I think Buendia is being found out and that maybe Gerrard wasn't unjustified in leaving him on the bench.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Yes and no, I think Emi is still a work in progress.

He has all the raw attributes but needs tweaking, I have a feeling he will be somewhat of a " late bloomer " so might not always be a starter for probably another season.

I reckon he will make it though and eventually become outstanding though.

1 hour ago, burchy said:

Names like Chiesa are about 5 steps up the ladder from us. We need to strive to get there, but we are a million miles from signing him. 

Pre-injury he was in the top 5 players in the world. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1