January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Sunday Olise?

Cos I have a feeling that there’s no chance Palace will sell us Michael Olise.

Hahaha, it would be a hard transfer to pull off. A transfer that would probably make more sense trying to pull of in the summer. He’s a player I wish we went for when he was at Reading.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Hahaha, it would be a hard transfer to pull off. A transfer that would probably make more sense trying to pull of in the summer. He’s a player I wish we went for when he was at Reading.

He is a player quite a few mentioned on here to take a bet on as was Eze.

At this point the player will be too expensive for the risk

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

So he wants to be an eternal loser with Chelsea or Totty… Interesting.

Weston is an exciting player but my sense is he comes with a lot of need for attention and drama, and that's all fine, too, I guess, but it feels like a distraction at a fairly crucial crossroads for Villa. I think he would end up soaking up a lot of focus we can't afford to give to one player. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

So much pulling off.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Absolutely. So much potential.

Which is also why I want us to go for Alex Scott as soon as possible.

I still rate Sheraldo Becker as perhaps a good option for Villa at the moment, at least for a few years. The way his transfer market value has jumped in the last year is a little daunting.  

Doesn't come without risk, obviously, he's sizzling-fast. 

• Like 1

I really don't care who other teams are in for right now...  I have full confidence in Emery to put together a team to get us into Europe over the next few transfer windows.  Going to just sit back and enjoy the ride.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Weston is an exciting player but my sense is he comes with a lot of need for attention and drama, and that's all fine, too, I guess, but it feels like a distraction at a fairly crucial crossroads for Villa. I think he would end up soaking up a lot of focus we can't afford to give to one player. 

And Joao Felix wouldn't?

What is this "sense" based on?

3 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

And Joao Felix wouldn't?

What is this "sense" based on?

I haven't ever followed Felix, so I wouldn't know. On McKennie, I'm inferring from watching his progress over the years and the press stories I've seen. Not sure he's right for Villa right now, but I do love him at USMNT.

I never thought I would say this

We need a player in most postions, too many of our players have too many bad games, but when they have the odd good game fans get all defensive of them and act as if that player has proved everyone wrong and is suddenly going to come good, but that doesn't turn out to be the case and so we keep going in circles, good game couple of bad games and so on and so on, this applies to most of the squad.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, useless said:

I never thought I would say this

We need a player in most postions, too many of our players have too many bad games, but when they have the odd good game fans get all defensive of them and act as if that player has proved everyone wrong and is suddenly going to come good, but that doesn't turn out to be the case and so we keep going in circles, good game couple of bad games and so on and so on, this applies to most of the squad.

God, no.  We really don't need a squad upheaval.  There are plenty of good players there who are just a bit inconsistent - Luiz and Kamara tonight are good examples.  Neither had good games, but that central midfield pairing is comfortably good enough for us and doesn't need replacing at all.

• Thanks 1

I didn't say Kamara and Luiz need replacing, so not sure what you're talking about there, but it's delusional to think that our side is anywhere near good enough to get to where our owners want us to get to, too many of our players not consistent enough as they've shown over and over again, time to stop making excuses for a lot of them. Over the next few windows we need five signings at least, people will remonstrate, partly because they think it makes them look super impressively reasonable or something, but it's what will actually happen, a lot of players are going to get replaced.

• Like 1

This team needs pace and strength added throughout. I don’t think it’s a coincidence we look better with Ramsey and McGinn playing as wide 8’s as they have a bit of tenacity and don’t give up the ball easily. 

I’d love us to go out and find faster fullbacks, but I don’t think that’s a priority. Yet.

• Like 1

The problem is extremes.

If you're serious about qualifying for europe you simply can't go from playing off the park a near top 4 team (who won 4-0 away tonight) to producing that for first 60 minutes at home to a bottom 3 team.

Yes probably a few of them are leggy and Wolves had 24 hours more rest but it's the same for all sides over xmas and I can't see anyone else putting in those extreme performances within 3 days. Well probably Everton aswell but they're s*** so that answers that example.

There's still a mentality issue lurking inside the club but have to trust Emery with all his top level experience to identify and slowly weed it out.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1