January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

5 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

The big portuguese clubs are unbelievably good at finding talent in South America. Expect this central midfielder to go for 100 million to the Prem within two years.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/enzo-fernandez/profil/spieler/648195

Emi Martinez singled him out with Alvarez last year as a potential future superstar we should try to sign.  I agree he will go for mega bucks in a year or two. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

The big portuguese clubs are unbelievably good at finding talent in South America. Expect this central midfielder to go for 100 million to the Prem within two years.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/enzo-fernandez/profil/spieler/648195

They have also favourable regulations for South American signings compared to other countries

14 minutes ago, burchy said:

I like the lion of Orkan Kokcu but rumours are West Ham are interested.

Who’s that guy at Napoli that has a crazy spelt name, he’d be a decent LW option, is it Karaskhela?

He was available for peanuts in the last year playing in Georgia as his Russian club contract was ripped up

Napoli paid about 10 million for him

On 17/09/2022 at 13:09, messi11 said:

Mykhaylo Mudryk should be our TOP Target- The flying winger from Ukraine.

Having never heard of him until about 2 minutes ago when I clicked on this thread, and after watching about 45 seconds of that video, if we don't sign him I want NSWE to sell the club.

• Haha 4

On 19/09/2022 at 18:53, VillaAlex said:

arguable but I agree we overspend on transfers. Our recruitment has been rather poor in recent years.

For a start it is since 2012 and who the f decides on what the over or under spend is.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, paul514 said:

For a start it is since 2012 and who the f decides on what the over or under spend is.....

will include relegation, our terrible scouting in the championship and then also buying a new squad after promotion

its should come as no surprise that we're high on that list, if we were to try and list our 10 worst value for money signings in the last decade it would take some serious thinking, not to get to 10 but to keep it under

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Don't give Gerrard any more money while he's here.

We should just limp through to the summer and make wholesale changes then.

This season is a right off.

Plenty were saying this in the summer.

We've lost and got it wrong. Well. Purslow has.

Giving Gerrard more money is simply chasing his loss. Wasting money.

1663754975580-png.3857836

that's the calculation for the overspend, they calculate the value of the players we've bought to be £428m but we paid £577m for them, means we are 2nd worst and with the highest % difference whilst also buying the most players

you will probably be able to drive a bus through that but its still interesting, for example in the last 10 years 9 clubs have spent more than us on less players which leans towards the "should be better given the money we've spent" argument not having that much weight to it

we're trying to catch 4 clubs who have spent over a billion with 2 more of them going over that number in the next year, 3 of them have spent double what we have, catching these teams is not going to be about spending money alone

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

1663754975580-png.3857836

that's the calculation for the overspend, they calculate the value of the players we've bought to be £428m but we paid £577m for them, means we are 2nd worst and with the highest % difference whilst also buying the most players

you will probably be able to drive a bus through that but its still interesting, for example in the last 10 years 9 clubs have spent more than us on less players which leans towards the "should be better given the money we've spent" argument not having that much weight to it

we're trying to catch 4 clubs who have spent over a billion with 2 more of them going over that number in the next year, 3 of them have spent double what we have, catching these teams is not going to be about spending money alone

Can I get a link for this please?

Links to bit part Rangers player Glenn Kamara again. Could be ours for as little as £10m apparently which does seem a lot considering he can barely get into the Rangers team this season.

Yet another reason I hope Gerrard is not here come January so we don't have to see the papers make up nonsense like this.