Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

We will beat Spurs. Attack them like we did against Newcastle with the crowd going nuts they will fall apart. Very fragile team. 

There’s a reason they haven’t won away from home since February.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

If we get back to the form and performance we showed against Newcastle, it is possible that we win our last three games.

On the other hand if we play like we have done the last few weeks, it is likely we lose our remaining matches.

I hope that with our players back from injury and some adjustment from Emery, we can get back to something close to our best.

Today is big, if we return to form and win, we are still in the chase for Europe, and it means we would have something to fight for in our last two games.

To be honest I would be disappointed if we don’t get Europe since we are that close, on the other side I’m well aware how far we have come since Emery took over. Unlike most people here I would never be satisfied with 8th at this point, since we more or less have 8th in the pocket, I would always wish we are successful in our efforts to move up the table. It is a completely different thing to be content with 8th after the season, if that’s where we end up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Brighton have 3 games in hand on us ^_^

Arsenal,  Newcastle and City... 

A game against Southampton 

Its gonna come down to the last game vs us

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Simples - beat the bin dippers

I would love it if we did and it killed their top 4 hopes, it will shut the #### up at work as well. 

None of them have even been to watch them, I think they give each other handjobs as well after a win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Looks like Bumford and Sons got a point against the Saudis.  Chances are they'll be up for their game against Spuds on the last day now.
  • Southampton are officially relegated but they play Brighton next in the middle of a congested couple of weeks for the Seagulls.  Now that there's no pressure to win, watch Southampton pull something out of the bag against Brighton.
  • Liverpool are going to be very tough at Anfield next weekend, but I'm hoping that we can get at least a point off them.  If not, it's still very likely that things play out to us having a showdown with Brighton on the last day for a European spot.  

We played very well today and the players look like they're up for it still.  Enjoy the ride, boys!!!  UTFV!!!

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I'm not even thinking about Brighton in honesty.

It's a shame we couldn't overturn the goal difference today.

We have to better Tottenhams results in the next two.

11 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Guaranteed top half finish.

Highest number of points in the top flight since 2010.

Win one more match and it will be the highest number of wins in the league since 1995/96.

Love this 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Yes but tomorrow they are away at Arsenal and then Thursday they are away at Newcastle (which is a very long way away.)

Then they have Southampton and away to Man City all in 5 days.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm not even thinking about Brighton in honesty.

It's a shame we couldn't overturn the goal difference today.

We have to better Tottenhams results in the next two.

This is true but I still don't think Brighton are going to get that many more points apart from against Southampton.