Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

14 minutes ago, Powehi said:

For the future fixtures you're totally right - it is fun to predict and have some investment in games not involving Villa.

All the Butterfly Effect stuff about things that have been and gone, especially about teams not involving Villa, doesn't seem fun or enjoyable to me.

It may have come across as more of a criticism than I intended - I know there's plenty of fans who derive a lot of enjoyment from moaning about Brighton beating Manchester United and its knock-on effect to us. But I think I just can't get into the stress of that for the run-in, and would rather focus on how we're doing and whether we can qualify ourselves through our own performances and results.

Why would you not want the tormenting pain the rest of us suffer doing it?

7 hours ago, duke313 said:

My predictions for the run in. 

5th - Liverpool - 71pts
6th - Spurs - 61 pts
7th - Villa - 60 pts
8th - Brighton - 58 pts

We can even afford Brighton to get a draw against one of the top 3.

Also, Liverpool might even pip United to 4th if they don’t get to 72 pts.

33190709-1ED8-4BAB-8213-5EFB5D8F94A5.jpeg

I’ll take it now!

17 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It would be great but @AshVilla has a point.

FWIW,  Unsettle Anfield and you have half a chance of getting something from the game.

Make the mistake Arsenal made and you're in for a long afternoon. 

Seems its a 3pm kickoff too so the famous atmosphere 😂 and Sky agenda wont be fully in play

15 hours ago, duke313 said:

My predictions for the run in. 

5th - Liverpool - 71pts
6th - Spurs - 61 pts
7th - Villa - 60 pts
8th - Brighton - 58 pts

We can even afford Brighton to get a draw against one of the top 3.

Also, Liverpool might even pip United to 4th if they don’t get to 72 pts.

33190709-1ED8-4BAB-8213-5EFB5D8F94A5.jpeg

This is what I'm thinking as well but Brighton losing 5 of their final 6 games just seems crazy. Maybe they get a draw against arsenal or newcastle and we still make it.

If we can get to the final match of the season with some hope of getting 7th even if unlikely I'll be very happy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

This is what I'm thinking as well but Brighton losing 5 of their final 6 games just seems crazy. Maybe they get a draw against arsenal or newcastle and we still make it.

If we can get to the final match of the season with some hope of getting 7th even if unlikely I'll be very happy.

If we beat Spurs this weekend we get that

21 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

17 minutes ago, picicata said:

Why are people sure that Spurs will finish above us if we beat them.  They have the easier of the final two games but Brentford are solid, no push overs and Toney might have fun with the awful Spurs defence.  Obviously the Leeds game seems easier but that looks like a win or die for Leeds for relegation game so who knows.  I think 6th, 7th and 8th are quite open, but it won’t matter if we don’t beat Spurs on Saturday.

1 hour ago, picicata said:

I'm assuming in our hands if we beat Brighton kind of chance rather than just being max 3 points behind Spurs on the last day, but either/both wouldn't be a bad scenario from where we are now and, moreover, where we were after 12 games.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

That Wolves loss will be the kicker. Absolutely gutted to have come away with nothing from that game.

Does seem that way, though hopefully it makes us more determined to collect points against the remaining, more difficult rivals.

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Well its another hoodoo for emery to over come as we havent beaten spurs at home since 2004.

We beat them 2-1 in 2008 at Villa Park.

Either way it's still a long time ago.

Also, If we do win on Saturday then it will be the first time we've done the double over them since the 95/96 season.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We beat them 2-1 in 2008 at Villa Park.

Either way it's still a long time ago.

Also, If we do win on Saturday then it will be the first time we've done the double over them since the 95/96 season.

We've been really shit for a long time haven't we.

• Haha 2