Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

They’re a very good team. Just put 6 past an inform wolves team with 4 of their best players starting on the bench 

And as per my post to JV, the recent form prior to that result? 

3 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

And as per my post to JV, the recent form prior to that result? 

Has been up and down I know. They’re still only 2 points behind us with 3 games in hand though. I’ll be shocked if we finish above them 

Wherever we finish we will be better prepared for next season. One thing that I noticed is that with the exception of Newcastle all the teams above us have at least 4/5 very strong attacking players who can score. 

• Like 3

Going to be interesting how we play at Anfield.

We tried the high line v them at VP and it wasn't a great success at all.

Spurs showed if you press them with a sort of low block but having a forward ready to run diagonally you can create chances and make them look average.

Really intrigued what Emery does for that match.

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Wherever we finish we will be better prepared for next season. One thing that I noticed is that with the exception of Newcastle all the teams above us have at least 4/5 very strong attacking players who can score. 

We really lack goals from our midfield. That needs to change.

• Like 1

I was going to say that it feels like Spurs v Villa for the last spot but you know what. Anything could happen still including us finishing 10th  . Mental game . The only teams on the beach now are Wolves Bournemouth and Chelsea.