messi11

19 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Win

- Wolves, Spurs, Brighton

Draw

- Utd

Loss

- Liverpool

Surely that will get us 7th. A draw or win  against liverpool probably gets us 5th/6th

It will yes. I think we can get 7th win 3 more wins as long as we beat Spurs and Brighton 

• Like 1

Seen this on a Villa FB group and thought i'd post it in here.

As tough a run in we have, it's all in our own hands and the teams we have to play will now see us as tough opposition to face.

While Brighton have games in hand they have a tough schedule 

spacer.png

Edited by imavillan
  • Like 2

Big push for last few games! Can see the squad looking bit tired last night(even Emery said the same) and at Brentford. We can do with some players back and the team take some rest and refresh for the next game. Emery is getting the maximum from everyone, hopefully tiredness won't be our downfall. Big effort and push lads till the end!

Edited by lainux
  • Like 1

We're effectively in a mini-league for 5th-8th place now, and our final three games are against the other members of that league, which is a bit mad.

I'd obviously be well chuffed with 7th given our season, but the tides change so quickly in football that I have to think getting Europa this season would be absolutely massive for this club.

Sadly, the more i look at our fixture list the more I get increasingly convinced we'll end up finishing 7th or 8th 

Edited by Pinebro

1 hour ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Win

- Wolves, Spurs, Brighton

Draw

- Utd

Loss

- Liverpool

Surely that will get us 7th. A draw or win  against liverpool probably gets us 5th/6th

Most likely scenario I think is 2 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses. Would probably move United to the loss column and Brighton to the draw column. 

Crazy that which teams we lose to could determine it. 

That would put us at 61 points. Is it enough? 😬

Just now, DJBOB said:

Most likely scenario I think is 2 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses. Would probably move United to the loss column and Brighton to the draw column. 

Crazy that which teams we lose to could determine it. 

That would put us at 61 points. Is it enough? 😬

It's going to be tight, Bob, whatever happens. We just need more points than one of the other teams in the top 8, I guess, but it's going to be a nervy few weeks before we know 😬

Incredible position to find ourselves in, all things considered. 

8 minutes ago, lexicon said:

It's going to be tight, Bob, whatever happens. We just need more points than one of the other teams in the top 8, I guess, but it's going to be a nervy few weeks before we know 😬

Incredible position to find ourselves in, all things considered. 

It really is. I’m trying to enjoy it but also want to hurl. 

Did the calculator with 2 wins, 1 draw and came to this. 3 wins I think secures us Europe. 

F948BE51-E517-4ECC-99A6-BA3B2540AE34.jpeg

2 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Did the calculator with 2 wins, 1 draw and came to this. 3 wins I think secures us Europe. 

Brighton cup knock out hangover, injuries and insane fixture list 7 games in May I think against Manure City Arse Newcastle and us will struggle to get 14 more points imo

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Brighton cup knock out hangover, injuries and insane fixture list 7 games in May I think against Manure City Arse Newcastle and us will struggle to get 14 more points imo

Yes theres is hardest to predict. On paper, winnable matches but with their fixture list it’s hard to say. Will be between us, Spurs, and Brighton on who misses out. VP needs to be rocking for both. 

We’ve got the hardest set of fixtures out the lot I reckon. Any of those sides can easily turn it on when they need to and how often have we seen it against us in the past. Liverpool and Spurs have both been terrible this season but could easily grab a win. Wolves are always a tough opponent and Brighton are excellent. I think we will lose to United this time around, they haven’t been brilliant but there is a reason why they have been around the top 4 all season.
So difficult to predict. 

I’m just nervous that we have had such an outstanding run there is a chance we have a blip. If we put in 3-4 wins from the next 5 we would have put in champions form over 15 games - nearly half a season. Huge ask against very tough opposition. 

34 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

I'd take that now if offered, no question, if it meant Europe guaranteed. 

It's a tense situation but I do feel a bit better after the Fulham win last night. I also don't want us all to be disappointed to miss out on Europe and forget how well we did to even put ourselves in contention for it. 

10 minutes ago, Tayls said:

We’ve got the hardest set of fixtures out the lot I reckon. Any of those sides can easily turn it on when they need to and how often have we seen it against us in the past. Liverpool and Spurs have both been terrible this season but could easily grab a win. Wolves are always a tough opponent and Brighton are excellent. I think we will lose to United this time around, they haven’t been brilliant but there is a reason why they have been around the top 4 all season.
So difficult to predict. 

In the same vein, we can beat any and all of those teams on our day too. The fact that we have to play teams around us should be viewed as more of a blessing because they are 6 pointers and put things more in our hands. If we deserve Europe, we'll make it.  

• Like 1