Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

16 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Yeah, anything that shakes things up a bit, I know arsenal are scum 6 but they haven’t really had a sniff for years so it’s put a few noses out of joint.

Whose noses? The main media from London would love Arsenal winning.  Liverpool and Man U fans won’t want City to win.  The football community have hated City’s cheating.  The only noses out of place are their owners and the half full stadium of fans they have.  In my mind the shake up is more the likes of us, Brighton, Newcastle upsetting the Top/Sky6.  Within the Sky6 it’s just muchness of muchness of scum.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

You and woody 1000😂. @messi11 was also laughed at for suggesting Europe at the time. 

To be fair, it was more hope for 9th or 10th than reason for 7th. And admittedly, I was one of those “wait and see” with Gerrard people who have proven to be … how should I put this? Mistaken. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

To be fair, it was more hope for 9th or 10th than reason for 7th. And admittedly, I was one of those “wait and see” with Gerrard people who have proven to be … how should I put this? Mistaken. 

Tbf, we aren't IN Europe yet. And whilst we have given ourselves a chance, it's a bit early for high fives and "told you so's".

Let's see where we are on 28th May. 

• Like 3

The fact this is even a possibility shows how great of a job Emery has done. Before his appointment I think most of us expected a relagation battle, I shudder to think where we’d be a Gerrard was given anymore time. 

Our current position has us all dreaming, and rightfully so, that’s what sport is all about. But even finishing 8th would be an incredible season given where we were. 

Just now, nick76 said:

I just love our football. The way we played yesterday was sublime.

I can’t believe I missed it. I play in a golf society and in the last 18 months they have only clashed twice, the last being the 4-0 Southampton win. 

Im beginning to think I’m a curse, I might just give my ST away for the run in 😀

We can catch Spurs. Brighton are looking very very good though so I can see them deservedly finishing above us. The only other team below us to worry about at this point is Liverpool. If we catch Spurs I reckon we get sixth. Anything more than that would be astonishing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jayEm said:

We can catch Spurs. Brighton are looking very very good though so I can see them deservedly finishing above us. The only other team below us to worry about at this point is Liverpool. If we catch Spurs I reckon we get sixth. Anything more than that would be astonishing.

Watching Tottenham yesterday they look just awful, I'd say that Stellini has defo lost the dressing room, seems a right word removed, an that's why I reckon they'll drop out the top 6.

5 minutes ago, robby b said:

Next weekend we can't get up into 5th realistically (the only way would be a massive goal difference swing between us and Spurs).

6th place is the new 11th. 

Interesting what the response from Newcastle is. If they get an early goal I think they could put 3-4 past Spurs.

Think Spurs have got Newcastle, Man. United, Liverpool as next three so we've got a real chance of being above them by the time May comes round.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, robby b said:

Next weekend we can't get up into 5th realistically (the only way would be a massive goal difference swing between us and Spurs).

6th place is the new 11th. 

I'm **** off with finishing 6th, Lerner can **** right off :D

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Interesting what the response from Newcastle is. If they get an early goal I think they could put 3-4 past Spurs.

Think Spurs have got Newcastle, Man. United, Liverpool as next three so we've got a real chance of being above them by the time May comes round.

Strange that i've seen most of their fans say they were more worried about us than the likes of Spurs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Why 8? I thought it was top 7?

Top 5 plus the two cups. If the cups are won by teams already qualified for the Europe spot is transferred to the league, that means most seasons it will be top 7 in the league get into Europe.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Top 5 plus the two cups. If the cups are won by teams already qualified for the Europe spot is transferred to the league, that means most seasons it will be top 7 in the league get into Europe.

Thanks mate. So it is top 7 then?

11 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Why 8? I thought it was top 7?

Because that’s the way it works. Top 7 qualify for Europe unless a team outside is the top 7 wins the champions league, europa league or domestic cup, but if a team outside is the top 7 wins the europa conference league then  the top 7 and winners compete in Europe.