Match Thread: Villa v Man City

limpid

Watching the replay someone said earlier Watkins could have gone first time on his chance... He was a long way out

Would have been one hell of a strike to score from there

Not a criticism cos Ederson is class at coming off his line and that's a superb pass from Dougie but the ball maybe could have had 5 more yards on it to give him more space on dias, i think that's the what if with that chance 

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

I think he’s touched the ball twice?

Yeah if that. He's not tracking back and he's not offering an out ball. 

I'd probably get Buendia on in his place, bit more frantic energy to hassle their possession. 

1 minute ago, smg said:

Have we not played ANY part in making them poor? Probably not because we are shit,apparently.

Small, compact, busy midfielder. Same thing.

Now get our ball if energy in Buendia on to do them what they do to us.

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I really feel we would be well served by replacing JJ with Coutinho or Buendia. 

Maybe it's just me, but while it looks like our usual 4-3-3 when the ball's in midfield, it looks like JJ is dropping into the midfield line at times and making it almost a 4-4-2 when we're deep in our own end. That may be part of the tactics.

Decent half, amazing we restricted them to not many shots on target. Still there is a lack of cohesiveness when building our passes, still not sure what is worked on. Don't really see where a goal comes from for us. I'd take a 0-0 draw however.

I like what I see. BAiley is a lazy sod and mcginn has been poor again but other than that decent 

city will come out guns blazing but we need to stay focussed and sharp for the first 15 minutes to hold off the incoming onslaught. Then counter 

1 minute ago, TomC said:

Maybe it's just me, but while it looks like our usual 4-3-3 when the ball's in midfield, it looks like JJ is dropping into the midfield line at times and making it almost a 4-4-2 when we're deep in our own end. That may be part of the tactics.

Lol my Arsenal buddy just said “why don’t y’all get Coutinho, Ings and Buendia on and play a 4-4-2.”

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

True though, I thought it at the time. 

Haaland started off on the floor and was still ahead of him 

Didn't follow it up with any positive comment about the rest of the 45 minutes though did he

He's had a couple of low confidence hoofs but in general his positioning physicality and competitiveness vs Haaland has been very good

The problem is Haaland looks like the type to be enjoying it rather than shying away from it