Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

Just now, zab6359 said:

I hope he goes nowhere he's exactly the type of player you need in your squad where we are as a club for the 23/24 season.

I disagree. I don’t think he’s a bad player but we can always improve. 

3 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Don't think we will see any more midfielders coming in unless someone is leaving.

As someone mentioned.

First XI Pivot: Kamara | Luiz

Second XI: Dendonker | Tielmans

Or any combo of the above possible.

We just may have space for, or want one more all action midfielder, or a CAM for competetion with JJ and McGinn.

Either way that's a solid base.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

If we can get decent money id 100% sell him. 

Nothing against him personally think he's an OK player but he's 28 and I feel we can get a younger understudy to learn from Bouba and Douglas. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I disagree. I don’t think he’s a bad player but we can always improve. 

Of course we can always improve, we don't have a single player who can't be improved upon. Dendoncker is a good player and brings a lot to a squad I'm happy for him to be part of it next season and definately don't see replacing/upgrading him as anywhere near a priority.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As someone mentioned.

First XI Pivot: Kamara | Luiz

Second XI: Dendonker | Tielmans

Or any combo of the above possible.

We just may have space for, or want one more all action midfielder, or a CAM for competetion with JJ and McGinn.

Either way that's a solid base.

You think Tim will be knocking on the door next season? 

We need a squad and we've just signed his international team mate. If Bouba is injured and Dougie suspended for example, we'll need YT and LD.

Gives us perfect competition for places and the option to rotate players throughout the season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Only worth selling if emery thinks tim iroegbunam is ready. 

Kamara and Dendoncker our only midfielders with some decent height.

Yep I always feel far more confident defending set pieces when he's playing.

Brentford and Newcastle been two of the best teams on corners and free kicks all season yet neither created a chance at VP from them.

He started pretty much all our best performances last season at home from October onwards.

I'd keep him as he started most of the games in 19-20 when Wolves got to the QFs of europa league so will be decent enough to come in for the Thursday games.

31 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

You think Tim will be knocking on the door next season? 

In an ideal world I'd hope so, as I like him alot.

I don't know how he's gotten on at QPR though, and it seems Emery is kind of ruthless in his ambition.

I'm hoping he'll get a chance to impress over summer.

• Like 1

He’d be a starter for about 8 PL teams, and a good squad option for another 8 (including us).

Would not blame him one bit if he wanted to leave for more minutes. We’d be lucky to keep him around.

• Like 1

Donk isn't perhaps forceful enough for Villa but I could see him doing a really good job at somewhere like Forest, Luton, Burnley.  Playing centre back gives him an edge too. 

Edited by STO

Seeing as press resistance and ball retention is probably the most important attributes for our  midfield players I can see why Donk is on the fringe. Happily have him around as I think he can do a job. Also be open to selling if a reasonable offer came in thou.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ll be amazed if we don’t sell him. 

Me too. I’m all for building a squad but we also have to balance the books somewhat. We have Tielemans, Kamara and Luiz who can play in the middle and also McGinn if he needs to. McGinn was brilliant in there whenever he played there this season. 

If McGinn moves centrally, one of our new wide attacking players will play, if not start. Lots of options.

Not convinced Dendoncker is needed at all to be honest. Same goes for Chambers. Both are surplus to requirements for me. 

• Like 1

I only think he leaves if he wants to go for more regular first team football. I think we are now nicely set in midfield with Luiz, Kamara, Tielemans and Dendoncker. McGinn can come in centrally too if needed.

We need a first team squad of 25/6 players imo. Two per position and 3/4 additional players. 

Edited by CVByrne

Â