Pre Match Thread

rjw63

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Big boos if we don't perform here I'm expecting.

Yep me too, lose today and the boo boys will be out in full force, lose and play shit and it could be the tide turning against Gerrard 

Also expecting a huge sarcastic cheer when he finally brings Buendia on the 2nd half, winning or losing I think VP will show what people think of him always being in the bench 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

At hom, I think this is slightly different to be fair.

IF the fans are behind.

Don't put it on the fans!

If I'm having a bad **** week at work I don't get to look around me and point fingers and say "well my supporters weren't getting behind me"

These guys are paid a **** fortune to kick a ball around a grass field and Gerrard is paid handsomely to set that up in the best possible way and send out the correct team

0% of any negative result will be on the fans.

34 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

JJ mcginn coutinho ings all start despite their woeful performance last week

Good to see your keeping your wordbif you dont perform you dont play eh stevie?

Tbf everybody had a woeful performance last week

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

At hom, I think this is slightly different to be fair.

IF the fans are behind.

I'm sure they will be if we're playing well. The worry is if we concede and look to be offering little to get back in the game.

I'm really hoping for a good start here. I'm not even that worried about winning at this point, it's more important to show some cohesion and idea of how to break teams down in the managers preferred formation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

So without reading the team sheet you determine it is shocking and that Gerrard is looking for a payoff to leave 🤣

Makes no difference, I want him gone anyway, he ain't no good for us. Another manager signed, to learn his trade here, just ain't happening.

19 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Bringing in Mings as a reaction to last week is sound. Changing everything else about the formation after conceding two set piece goals? Doesn't make sense.

It makes perfect sense.  We were absolutely diabolical. What doesn't make sense is our best player last week (Bailey) gets dropped and our worst player (Coutinho) keeps his place. 

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

My main concern is that a man who was one of the best ever Premier League midfielders is unable to see just how crap our midfield has been and that it needs changing.

Bizarrely it's all he talked about in pre-season but apparently he's done no actual work to resolve it.

Commentators actually pointing out that Lampard and Gerrard are under much more scrutiny due to their profiles and playing reputations.

Pointed out the Bruno Lage has won 1 in his last 9 at Wolves, and Hassenhuttl has won 1 in his last 14 at Southampton but nobody is bothered lol.

Also SG on Mings in just shown pre match comments now, just confirmed that Tyrone has been carrying an injury, and he has trained extremely well this week etc 

Says Ty is the extremely good at getting first contact and cutting out first time threats etc 

Says Ings was lonely last week and he hopes Ollie in their can give them some more success.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Commentators actually pointing out that Lampard and Gerrard are under much more scrutiny due to their profiles and playing reputations.

Pointed out the Bruno Lage has won 1 in his last 9 at Wolves, and Hassenhuttl has won 1 in his last 14 at Southampton but nobody is bothered lol.

Also SG on Mings in just shown pre match comments now, just confirmed that Tyrone has been carrying an injury, and he has trained extremely well this week etc 

Says Ty is the extremely good at getting first contact and cutting out first time threats etc 

Says Ings was lonely last week and he hopes Ollie in their can give them some more success.

He was lonely because our midfield cannot get in the ball and pass it forward to save their lives. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I’m optimistically excited. 

I've waded through 20 odd pages of vitriol, and it's good to finally hear from a normal fan. 👍

Football is supposed to be fun guys. I'm looking forward to supporting my team whatever the result.

• Thanks 3