Villa Podcasts & The Athletic Coverage

HalfTimePost

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Interesting how the podcasters seem reluctant to call for SG's head.

They don’t want to commit to saying he should go but most of them are quite irate and understandably very critical…

not hearing any positives tbh…

seems to be a wave of sadness and frustration in much of the fanbase right now…

we desperately need a boost.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

Probably because they would get less access to the club just like reporters never ask tough questions to the club.

Plus they are just podcasters ie fellow Villa fans whose view is just another fan’s view, no more, no less!  Their view is no superior to you or me as a fellow Villa fan, they just have an audience.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TRO said:

hmm...not sure about that...whilst they didn't utter the actual words "gerrard out" the villaview were pretty scathing of the palace game and how things are in general...and they're normally the positive ones!

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

They don’t want to commit to saying he should go but most of them are quite irate and understandably very critical…

not hearing any positives tbh…

seems to be a wave of sadness and frustration in much of the fanbase right now…

we desperately need a boost.

In fairness, podcasters now are almost like Villa journalists. They have to be careful about what they say 

Doesn't necessarily reflect their personal feelings one way or the other outside of their tone.

I remember after Palace Neil ( Love.of Paul McGrath pod ) was pretty close with saying " If Gerrard is staying he needs to become a better Manager " lol.

Next day he calmed down and kind of apologised. He was seething after Palace, but don't be surprised if many of them reflect the forums and pages.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

32 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness, podcasters now are almost like Villa journalists. They have to be careful about what they say 

Doesn't necessarily reflect their personal feelings one way or the other outside of their tone.

I remember after Palace Neil ( Love.of Paul McGrath pod ) was pretty close with saying " If Gerrard is staying he needs to become a better Manager " lol.

Next day he calmed down and kind of apologised. He was seething after Palace, but don't be surprised if many of them reflect the forums and pages.

You would think it would take a lot for level headed and sensible guys like Neil to get upset… we can all see the same issues…

Neil is one of the better personalities imo and very fair…

Paddy doesn’t hold back though 🤣

Just says it like it is 👏 Tbf, I’d be pissed off too if I traveled all the way from Ireland and spent so much money to go and watch the shite that SG is serving up!

Even the boys on the Villa View seem fed up, especially Dolan.

Must say, I’m starting to get a bit annoyed with Pete (Holy Trinity) as he seems to have a bit of a “superiority complex” or “I know better” attitude nowadays, his ego seems to have grown… I used to be a fan… but he seems a bit smug now…

I think Rolinson put it best, many of us are feeling quite detached or apathetic about the club now… it’s quite sad…

I haven’t heard anyone come across as positive or that hopefully really… as you say, it seems like they’re restraining themselves from fully expressing how pissed off they really are… understandable.

Thing is, we are not seeing anything out on that pitch that reflects all the words and messages that have been coming out of the club… it’s a problem…

If they’re not careful, they’re gonna end up looking like shisters and we are going to fall further and further behind the competition…

Something needs to change and fast…

On a positive note, I was delighted to see the new stadium plans today. We are so lucky to have these owners but we desperately need to sort ourselves out on the field…

Edited by Jas10

24 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

You would think it would take a lot for level headed and sensible guys like Neil to get upset… we can all see the same issues…

Neil is one of the better personalities imo and very fair…

Paddy doesn’t hold back though 🤣

Just says it like it is 👏 Tbf, I’d be pissed off too if I traveled all the way from Ireland and spent so much money to go and watch the shite that SG is serving up!

Even the boys on the Villa View seem fed up, especially Dolan.

Must say, I’m starting to get a bit annoyed with Pete (Holy Trinity) as he seems to have a bit of a “superiority complex” or “I know better” attitude nowadays, his ego seems to have grown… I used to be a fan… but he seems a bit smug now…

I think Rolinson put it best, many of us are feeling quite detached or apathetic about the club now… it’s quite sad…

I haven’t heard anyone come across as positive or that hopefully really… as you say, it seems like they’re restraining themselves from fully expressing how pissed off they really are… understandable.

Thing is, we are not seeing anything out on that pitch that reflects all the words and messages that have been coming out of the club… it’s a problem…

If they’re not careful, they’re gonna end up looking like shisters and we are going to fall further and further behind the competition…

Something needs to change and fast…

On a positive note, I was delighted to see the new stadium plans today. We are so lucky to have these owners but we desperately need to sort ourselves out on the field…

Yeah Neil has quickly become one of my favourite podcasters. Attitude aside he does brilliant breakdowns of players speculated etc.

I worry for Paddy as I sometimes feel he might blow a blood vessel 🤣.

Rolinson actually seems like he's " done " to be fair but can't/won't just come out and say it. ( Would be naive to now anyway )

I haven't seen Kendrick for a while.

Oh I like Luke from UTV as well, one of the most positive podcasters but even he was furious after Palace and seems a bit down.

Yeah the owners are great, what's on the pitch needs to catch up .

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah Neil has quickly become one of my favourite podcasters. Attitude aside he does brilliant breakdowns of players speculated etc.

I worry for Paddy as I sometimes feel he might blow a blood vessel 🤣.

Rolinson actually seems likes he's " done " to be fair but can't/won't just come out and say it. ( Would be naive to now anyway )

Yeah the owners are great, what's on the pitch needs to catch up .

He’s the best really… but for some reason his show or podcast doesn’t have as much appeal as others.. it’s weird… maybe not as entertaining.

I like Paddy’s straight talking.

I don’t think Dan’s done, just down about how we are doing/failing as many of us are…

Kendrick is hilarious!

UTV is the most positive but they are getting fed up now too…

My favourite is the Villa Podcast, those lads are so funny and entertaining. Almost like therapy after watching how shit we are 🤣

Very much of the “if you don’t laugh you cry” approach 🤣

They swear so much though!

Anyway, we are going madly off topic here 🤣

Sort it out SG! Or sod off!

🤣

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, tomav84 said:

hmm...not sure about that...whilst they didn't utter the actual words "gerrard out" the villaview were pretty scathing of the palace game and how things are in general...and they're normally the positive ones!

I think you are confusing their comments with the football on display.....sure they were scathing.....we all are.....Has moyes suddenly become, no good?

We need to be clear, what we are saying.

Gerrard is responsible, I get that, just as other managers are....but being responsible and being the main fault, is 2 different things.

14 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To Be fair Shaun.....They have all been scathing of our results and performances....Luke @ UTV was spitting feathers as was Neil at "for the love of Paul McGrath".....They were all unanimous in their condemnation.

but None of them called for the managers head.

Now this is the bit, I think is confusing us all.....He is responsible for all that, but in saying that, it doesn't make HIM the fault....There is a subtle difference.....hence their articulate selves, were aware of this.

However, these poor results and performaces will not carry on unchecked, he will eventually be held to account, when that is, only the owners will know, many things will have to align, to do it properly, with minimum damage to the club.

A mid season appointment, losing his first team coach and the new one not able to joing them in Oz was not ideal, and we are still unsure of the impact of that.

As you might know, I am still sceptical, of the recruitment, and that may very well include SG , I will be amazed if it doesn't, to what degree, I don't know.

I am still uneasy and nervous of the make up of our side, for reasons well documented by me......I haven't changed my view, by seeing one bit of encouraging business in Kamara, Carlos unfortunately, will be no help......but the leaving of the next ones this late, has left me scratching my head.....I can only assume, its because we can't get buyers for players who have not worked out for us, or we over value them.....but we do seem to accumulate a fair few of them.

Everybody, these days has to be careful of what they say......but equally, its nifty, to be sure what folk say is being interpreted, in how folk intended it, is not always the case, because recipients agenda's can trump what is actually being said.

We are all unanimous the football is crape......We are not all unanimous of who's fault it is......While still being unanaimous of who is ultimately responsible.....Its not the same, despite it being peddled as it is, by some, who didn't want him in the first place.

There is a time factor, in that last line, that has crucial significance and the owners, will be well aware of that.

UTV

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Dan Rolinson just pointed out that alot of the things we are moaning about, wouldn't even be " stories " if we were doing well, and that admittedly, we are finding little things to moan about.

Like the Club Instagram not being as active since Beale left etc.

Most of us wouldn't give an arse about Bollox like that if we were winning 😂

Would that then be because things like this aren’t important? But when we’re loosing you surely look for those niche things to give you an edge? 

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Dan Rolinson just pointed out that alot of the things we are moaning about, wouldn't even be " stories " if we were doing well, and that admittedly, we are finding little things to moan about.

Dan Rolinson is also talking shit. We aren’t moaning about inconsequential things. No solid line up, no tactics, no plan b, inept manager. These aren’t just nonsense things the fans are complaining about. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nothing epitomises this more than “The West Ham way” got sick of hearing it when Moyes couldn’t get a tune out of West Ham, pretty sure he still doesn’t play the West Ham way but fans don’t care now they’ve had a bit of success.  

Edited by WHY

5 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Dan Rolinson is also talking shit. We aren’t moaning about inconsequential things. No solid line up, no tactics, no plan b, inept manager. These aren’t just nonsense things the fans are complaining about. 

Mate, I'm not sure how you pulled all of that from what I said, to attack poor Dan. Lol

He wasn't necessarily making a point against any of what you said, he was just pointing out that the discontent is having us moan and argue about shite which is pretty inconsequential in the grand scheme of things probably 🤦🏿‍♂️

Which is truth.

That was just a funny part of a 30 - 40 min long pre match podcast, as he was reading comments.

I thought it was funny because ther is some absolute madness on the forum.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate, I'm not sure how you pulled all of that from what I said, to attack poor Dan. Lol

He wasn't necessarily making a point against any of what you said, he was just pointing out that the discontent is having us moan and argue about shite which is pretty inconsequential in the grand scheme of things probably 🤦🏿‍♂️

Which is truth.

I know bud, wasn’t having a go at you at all. Just that I’ve not really seen anyone moaning about the stuff he suggests is inconsequential. Sounds like he’s pulling from thin air to suit a narrative. 

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Which is truth.

That was just a funny part of a 30 - 40 min long pre match podcast, as he was reading comments.

I thought it was funny because ther is some absolute madness on the forum.

Why does everyone pick on the “nice guys”? I don’t mind Dan at all and I like Ash Preece and can see that he’s a genuine fan - just the guy I want to cover the goings on at the club really… it’s hard for anyone to get the “inside track” with the way we are run…

A million miles better than Greg Evans.

The only guy who doesn’t seem to have been attacked is Neil but, I guess it’s an eventuality 😆

Â