Parenting Corner: The joys and trials of raising little Villans

Marka Ragnos

1 hour ago, delboy54 said:

You are right about David Jason, you get the impression that he really enjoyed himself. I think he did other characters as well, such as the weasels...

He did Chief Weasel and Billy Rabbit. 

I've got the box set, too.  :)

Very nice, Chief, very nice... 

• Like 1

Picked my lad up from school today. I was in the mommy group waiting (I know most of them), an overheard one, saying her son, who's 10, still sleeps with her and she cannot get him out of her bed now, she's tried everything. She has a older lad too about 14. Now I know she is a single parent, but maybe it's cause I'm a dad, but I see that as completely wrong, how's the lad ever gonna grow up!

• Like 1

On 29/04/2024 at 17:38, foreveryoung said:

Picked my lad up from school today. I was in the mommy group waiting (I know most of them), an overheard one, saying her son, who's 10, still sleeps with her and she cannot get him out of her bed now, she's tried everything. She has an older lad too about 14. Now I know she is a single parent, but maybe it's cause I'm a dad, but I see that as completely wrong, how's the lad ever gonna grow up!

Is she tidy 

• Haha 1

On 29/04/2024 at 12:38, foreveryoung said:

Picked my lad up from school today. I was in the mommy group waiting (I know most of them), an overheard one, saying her son, who's 10, still sleeps with her and she cannot get him out of her bed now, she's tried everything. She has a older lad too about 14. Now I know she is a single parent, but maybe it's cause I'm a dad, but I see that as completely wrong, how's the lad ever gonna grow up!

Growing up is overrated 😉😁

Posted (edited)

Walked home my five year-old home from school the other day.

I said "this is my favourite part of my day".

She said "that's weird".

I need a new heart.

Edited by Vancvillan
  • Haha 2

My lad had his first football coaching session yesterday.

He's 2, so it was football in the absolute loosest sense of the word. There were several footballs present. That's about it.

But anyway, I'm pretty sure he's the next Lionel Messi

• Like 4

My boy Stiliyan plays football. Very professional setup and training twice a week. Precise passing drills with a good mixture of team and individual skills training. 

Until the match at the end of training where everything they've learnt goes out of the window and they run into each other.

• Haha 4

This little kid truly defeated me today.

16 month old. It's pretty much just me and his mother here as our family are many miles away.

The relentlessness of looking after this kid, keeping him entertained, stopping him from killing himself, being moaned at non stop being screamed at when hungry  , bored, dressed, changed.

He's absolutely defeated me. I can't wait for work and dread the weekend.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

16 month old. It's pretty much just me and his mother here as our family are many miles away.

The relentlessness of looking after this kid, keeping him entertained, stopping him from killing himself, being moaned at non stop being screamed at when hungry  , bored, dressed, changed.

Do what most people do in this situation….

have another!

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Take him into the garden, hold him in two hands, give him two firm bounces and then punt him as far as you can over the fence

(for legal reasons, don’t do this)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

We had to put one of our dogs down over the weekend and our 2 year old keeps waking up each morning and starts looking for her. Tried to be very direct about the fact she's gone and won't be coming back but he just doesn't understand which is totally understandable. Completely heartbreaking watching him look for her each day tho. 

This happened with us and a 4 foot tall snowman we had as a christmas decoration that we called Stanley. That was really sad, and he's only gone to the loft for 11 months.

For it to be happening with an actual family member must be proper heartbreaking.

• Like 1

The lad had an allergic reaction to Penicillin so we've given him Piriton. 

Now I've accidentally unearthed the secrets and wonders of this wonderful stuff I don't know how I'm going to stop giving it to him every night!

Â