U21 Development League 2022/2023

BOF

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

So wait, not only they can't show it live but there's not even highlights?

**** this **** rule man, what's even supposed to be the logic behind it?

So everybody can tune it to watch the mighty Liverpool on Sky 😞

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

So everybody can tune it to watch the mighty Liverpool on Sky 😞

Well that would make sense* for why we can't show it live, but there appear to be no highlights on Villa TV and the 'upcoming' is the game against Leeds? I wouldn't be watching Liverpool now.

*It still doesn't make sense (I'm not interested in watching Liverpool, hard as it may be for the PL to believe), but for the sake of argument.

Front page stats updated and final results below. Not sure I trust soccerway assists though, as they gave them to Rowe, Revan & Swinkels with none for Young's 2nd, whereas Raikhy tweeted it was nice to get 2 assists 😕 I'm going with soccerway & sofascore for now but will update if I can get anything else concrete.

Friday 12/08
19:00 Middlesbrough(6->4) 3-1 Derby County(11->10)
19:00 Southampton(2->1)   4-1 West Brom(4->7)

Monday 15/08
13:00 Leeds Utd(1->3)     2-2 Norwich City(3->5)
19:00 Newcastle Utd(9->8) 0-1 Stoke City(7->6)
19:00 Sunderland(8->11)   0-4 Aston Villa(5->2)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This weekend's round of fixtures. Top 3 all playing tomorrow.

Friday 19/08
19:00 Aston Villa(2)   v Leeds Utd(3)
19:00 Stoke City(6)    v Southampton(1)

Sunday 21/08
13:00 Derby County(10) v Sunderland(11)
14:00 Norwich City(5)  v Newcastle United(8)

Monday 22/08
19:00 Notts Forest(9)  v Middlesbrough(4)

20 hours ago, Kingman said:

Sold over half of the 610 allocated 

Surprised its not more tbh 

Isn't it the first time we've ever played them as afc?  And they have a "new" ground

As a side cherry red records stadium is about as cool as a sponsored stadium will get

Someone who watches the younger lads more often than me, please tell me, is Teddy Rowe always as rubbish as he looks so far this game? I don't want to be harsh on the lad, we can all have an off day, but he looks dreadful compared to everyone else on the pitch tonight.

3 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Someone who watches the younger lads more often than me, please tell me, is Teddy Rowe always as rubbish as he looks so far this game? I don't want to be harsh on the lad, we can all have an off day, but he looks dreadful compared to everyone else on the pitch tonight.

he isnt having his best game, but also worth remembering he is only 18, so prob quite a bit younger than most on the pitch.

Reallly seeing the best of Chrisene tonight doing his Gareth Barry impression . Techically incredible . Strong as an ox and makes the right decision nearly all the time. Big Tim doing big Tim things all night. He is positionally perfect and makes difficult things look so simple. Another who has great decision making. Feeney a bit sloppy tonight but its good to see he has decent recovery pace. Stupid challenge for the peno but thats part of the learning process.  Teddy Rowe is tiny. Poor first 25 mins but grown slowly into the game. He has got a game ahead of Tommi oReilly so must be decent and highly thought of. 

Raikhy is another clever player. Takes up fantastic positions. Just needs a little more luck and composure 2nd half. 

Revan been really lively as a left footed right back. Got plenty of talent . 

Marschall is a v good keeper. He is a big lad as well. Going to be Emi Martinez size as he fills out. Light on his feet though like Emi. 

Edited by MWARLEY2
  • Like 1