U21 Development League 2022/2023

BOF

Thought we played well for an hour or so, just lacked quality up front. Leeds weren't great but their new summer signing, Sonny Perkins (who we were linked with), made the difference.

I wonder when we will see some of the younger, more talented forwards like Burchall, K. Young or Shakpoke step up to the U21s.

The side we're putting out at the moment is more geared towards putting some of the older players in the shop window for loan moves as suggested by Boateng in his recent interview, Carss made reference to it as well in his interview.

Once the likes of Brad Young, Tyreik Wright, Lindley, Raikhy, Revan and so on go out on loan we will start seeing more of the likes of Ted Rowe, Hart, Afoka, and some of the younger players, some of this first year scholars could advance very quicly to this level, Patterson and Kadan Young already played, likes of Simpson, Wilson, and Kellyman could soon follow, and with the trajectory they're on I wouldn't be surprised if Broggio and Triston Rowe play for the U21s before the season is over with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

For all that our academy talent is consistently talked up and made out to be the best in the country, we do often lose to some dross.

Depends where you're looking at it from, Our 1st choice U21's are mixing it up with the 1st team, Next best 2nd choice U21's are out on loan so this is a mixture of predominantly U19's and Scholarships that TBF are holding their own and playing above their grade. 

I wonder why lower league clubs don't always loan players ready for the start of the season. Maybe they want to have a look at them in a couple of U21 games first to see how they have progressed over the summer. Chrisene, in particular, seems to have taken a step forward and looks a better prospect than he may have done a few weeks ago.

3 minutes ago, I Make Pies said:

I wonder why lower league clubs don't always loan players ready for the start of the season. Maybe they want to have a look at them in a couple of U21 games first to see how they have progressed over the summer. Chrisene, in particular, seems to have taken a step forward and looks a better prospect than he may have done a few weeks ago.

I think its that their parent clubs want to assess them first in preseason just as much. Agree about Chrisene. He looked very very good tonight. And aggressive. He has always looked so skillful but without a real fire in his belly. I think the coaches have seen that and addressed it. First 90 mins from him i can  remember seeing from him. He is nornally always substituted.  He has no chance of not making it as he is genuinely brilliant technically.  His left foot and control is Barry esque.

Shakpoke put a picture on his instagram of some of the other U21 players in those pre-match polo shirt things, with the text 'Back.', would be great to see him involved in tonight's game. If he's closer to playing again even if not tonight, then that's good news, would be good to see him stay fit and get a run of games.

• Like 1

Austin McPhee and what I assume to be his young kids have been having a kick around since about minute 20. He even nicked a goal and rolled it onto one of the Academy pitches, since then they've had some of the yellow dummies to play in goal. To be fair, his kids look pretty good but at least that answers the question of what he actually does!

Edited by AndyClarke