U21 Development League 2022/2023

BOF

Can't watch the game but losing to Peterborough a category 2 team wouldn't reflect well on us, especially as a lot of our team are players that have played first team football and really should be going out on loan again this season as they aren't going to develop anymore playing for the U21s.

11 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

So what happens as its a draw ? Is there a replay now ?

Nah. It's a group stage. Round robin. They get a point each.

Odd game in a way, we didn't look good for most of it and then looked like we might snatch it in the last five minutes.

I thought Wright and Aaron O'Reilly were probably our best two on the night and though we didn't play well we should really have won it - Brad Young should have been taking the match ball home, three chances from the six yard box, with the keeper nowhere for all of them and I think he only managed to get one shot away. 

Tommy O'Reilly had a good period in the second half, Marshall was generally good again and I thought Shakpoke added something when he came on, he's a bull of a young man, looks strong enough to pull a tree out - and Ted Rowe did well when he came on, he's less bullish.

Credit to Peterborough who defended really well, but with better finishing we could have done more.

Entertaining end to the game as we pushed and Wright hit the post from twenty five yards, but it wasn't to be.

10 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think this is a bit harsh! What if he reads this forum and sees that?

I presume he'd either say.

"This idiot doesn't know what he's talking about"

Or

"Maybe 1st half I wasn't tracking etc like I could have been"

Most likely though, as a professional footballer he wouldn't care, particularly as I am entitled to my opinion. Do you think he'd celebrate if he read a rave review on his performance on a fan forum? Does anybody ask the same question that you did when a post says "xxxxx was excellent"?

Either way he was good second half so either someone had a word with him or opinions should be based on the game time and not a half.

Edited by AndyClarke

Watching the highlights, that game could easily have been an absolute thrashing by us on another day! 7 or 8 very close or scorable (is that a word?) chances. Mostly for Brad Young, as has been said. Wright hit the post as well, one cleared off the line etc. Definitely a game we should have won comfortably!

@BOF

• Wednesday 26th October - PL CUP -19:00 - Brentford H (Bodymoor)
  • Saturday 19th November - PL CUP - 13:00 - Blackburn Rovers A
  • Friday 25th November - PL CUP - 19:00 - Peterborough United A
  • Monday 12th December - PL CUP - 19:00 - Brentford A
  • Friday 16th December - PL CUP - 19:00 - Blackburn Rovers H (Bodymoor)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

@BOF

• Wednesday 26th October - PL CUP -19:00 - Brentford H (Bodymoor)
  • Saturday 19th November - PL CUP - 13:00 - Blackburn Rovers A
  • Friday 25th November - PL CUP - 19:00 - Peterborough United A
  • Monday 12th December - PL CUP - 19:00 - Brentford A
  • Friday 16th December - PL CUP - 19:00 - Blackburn Rovers H (Bodymoor)

Thanks. I'll be back in the groove tomorrow 👍

• Like 1

Triston Rowe is only fifteen, I don't think he turns sixteen until January which if correct means he's even younger that Patterson was this time last year, and Patterson didn't start any games in the EFL Trophy against first team opposition.

Would be surprised if the result tonight is anything other than a comfortable win for Wimbledon, there's a lot of promising players in our squad but most of them are so young, it's like the season before last in this competition when we had a lot of the team that went on to win the FA Youth Cup involved  but were still comfortably beaten at the time.

Kesler-Hayden, Aaron Ramsey, Chukwuemeka, Jacob Ramsey, Philogene-Bidace, and Archer all played in the 8-1 defeat to Sunderland, just goes to show you can't read too much into the results of these games, it's more about the development of individual players, all those players now playing at an higher level than the level of this trophy.

• Like 2