Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

On 08/09/2023 at 13:41, CVByrne said:

You could link the article. It just involves copying the URL and pasting it in here

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2023/09/08/unai-emery-aston-villa-need-to-get-stronger/

We do need to get stronger defensively, in more ways than one.....We also need to get more aerially efficient, which is incorporated within being more defensively stronger.

I think when you have many area's to improve, improvement has to come incrementally, I think UE will address this in time.

One incident in a game doesn't define a season.....but that free header Nunez had, does epitomise Aston Villa's Vulnerability, highlighted even more, when Mings is out....Too many times high balls in the box have us panicking....The problem also is, it them becomes widely known.

In light of Mings absence, Carlos's attributes are even more pertinent, to him being in the team.....hope he gets back a.s.a.p

Edited by TRO

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Chasetown Villa said:

So when is the big man back? Because I’d rather not see Lenglet start in Europe again.

I think Emery said after the Legia Warsaw game that he hoped that Diego would be back training with the group next week. Hopefully that means he can be in the matchday squad in another week or so.

Edited by oishiiniku_uk

That Aston Villa news site needs to be shut down. It's just clickbaited me (I know, I'm ashamed) with the heading 'Aston Villa ace Carlos out for 3 months admission made by expert'

Third paragraph:

Aston Villa defender Diego Carlos is expected to come back to action a lot sooner than three months, according to Dr Rajpal Brar.

It's disgraceful.

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Hoping he gets a significant amount od gamw time midweek as he is going to be needed. The less time chambers gets the better

Pau will surely start this match, still bemuses me why we left him out in Warsaw. That error won't be repeated.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Pau will surely start this match, still bemuses me why we left him out in Warsaw. That error won't be repeated.

Because our best players can't play every single minute of every single game.

That's why.

Â