Hungary v England/Germany v England/England v Italy/England v Hungary Nations League

andykeenan

This is too negative again: at home to Hungary and only one shot in the first 26 minutes, not good enough. After the heartache of the Euros final I agree that we need a McCullum style manager, we need to use our pace more, go sideways and backwards less and start Grealish ffs! Grealish must be thinking 'if only the manager was attack-minded maybe I'd be starting games'.

Just now, Ingram85 said:

Tell you what England need to do, pass it around the back 4 a bit more. 

NAA, Bowen needs more of the ball, it's so funny. I'm out the other side now and enjoying this like an episode of Faulty Towers.

• Haha 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

He'll use fitness as his excuse 

This match will tell him how his back up players look playing alongside his subs for one night only 

Its stupid 

Which if the world cup is next summer I agree. But it's not. It's November. The timescale now is get your squad finalised and get them up to speed for the tournament. Get that mentality in place by winning the nation's league and thus build momentum going into Qatar.

Winning breeds winning.

Sack him, get Ben Stokes in as manager.

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Do you think it will make the slightest difference? 

Southgate will not flinch, he's a moron. 

Dunno, he says that tomori and guehi are above him in the pecking order and so will coady be but then he's rotated so heavily that it suggests he still doesn't actually know 

It'll be stone and slab head for WC game 1 no matter how many mistakes maguire makes and how many games stones doesn't play for Man City but after that it's a huge drop off with ty comfortably the best of the bunch, hard to tell with Southgate if this is some cleverer than you mind trick to try and boost mings or him really just picking worse players, either way he's being a dick, again, it's like grealish round 2*, happy picking obviously inferior players and stubbornly standing by it to prove his point 

*not thay grealish round 1 has finished, Bowen over him? Not playing saka at LWB and grealish ahead of him? He's a clearing in the woods

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

This game should be our best team, the one he is playing at the world cup, we need a win. No more experimenting already.

Exactly. The tournament is in November. When does he start to play the 11 that he plans to play in Qatar?!

• Like 1

Â