Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

The shape in the first half is perfect. Couthino and Buendia are putting in a shift. 

We need to keep KDB quiet and we will win this one. 

I feel a shocking VAR decision coming. 

Good team unit mixed in with some horrible passing and very poor choices of pass.

Biggest one comes to mind is big phil digne passes to him and spribts down the line, big phill fannies around then back to Ramsey which invariably went backwards to olsen who hoofed it out for a thrown in to the. Then 10 minutes of man City pressure.

Watkins 2 one on ones and doesn't even get a shot off ? 

Mginn gave the ball needlessly away several times and emi b the same.

As I say we have played well as a defensive unit and I don't expect us to be ramagibg over them but basic bloody passes just handing the ball back to them far too many times, and when olsen keeps being passed the ball back ? Why ? To put himself under pressure and still give it away 90% of the time. Why would you do that as a defender ? 

Hopefully wolves hold out and we get 3 more.

Come on Burnley/ Brentford score a few goals.

5 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

VAR once again not doing its job, Fernandinho clearly fouled Watkins and could easily have been off. 

I just do not see the point in VAR, absolute waste of space.

Eh? It's done its job perfectly ensuring a title challanger stays in the game. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I don't think Watkins was getting there so not sure if it would've been denying a scoring opportunity.  Not sure why Fernandinho did it tbh.

Fernandinho is their weak link, it's his final game for them, but we can get more joy there. Stones doesn't look comfortable as a RB either.

1 minute ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Imagine we keep as we are, Man U equalise against Palace, Burnley equalise against Newcastle. We’re 10th

I’ll enjoy that thought for the next couple of minutes, before the hope is dashed to death. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Fernandinho is their weak link, it's his final game for them, but we can get more joy there. Stones doesn't look comfortable as a RB either.

Fernandinho is off 

• Sad 1