What If...

HalfTimePost

I wasn't sure where to post this and realised that these sorts of posts or tables pop up all the time and are somewhat interesting and thought I'd start a new topic for hypothetical tables, etc etc.

What If... Only domestic players goals counted in the league this year?

• Like 2

That's pretty interesting. Clearly we're doing something right.

Edit: I assume this includes McGinn too? And what about Cash?

Edited by Greenfly

3 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

to be fair if cash's goals counted it wouldn't matter anyway as his goals came in games where other players also scored (i think?)

interesting though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

I believe this is just English players as it has us at 27 Goals Scored.

Watkins 9, Ings 6, Ramsey 6, Konsa 2, Mings 1,  Chambers 1, Hause 1, Targett 1.

So Cash (3), McGinn (3) both not included

So conversely we would be close to bottom of this if it was based on foreign only players which may lead to questioning our scouting network, although not necessarily.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So conversely we would be close to bottom of this if it was based on foreign only players which may lead to questioning our scouting network, although not necessarily.

We would be 17th.

Although on the scouting point, Leicester - often hailed for their immense scouting - would be rock bottom

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

What? Since when is Cash not English? Just because he has the right to play for Poland doesn't make him not English any more surely?

I didn't make the table! And we literally win the league in this scenario, we can add Cash' goals in for improved GD if you like 🤣

• Haha 1

i think you only need to look at the england national team striker situation to see it, there is a dearth of english goalscorers around right now

theres only us, spurs, leicester, leeds, everton and then maybe someone else near the bottom who have an english striker as their main striker, we then actually have 2 which i don't think anyone else has

then factor in vardy, DCL and bamford have been injured for months, its not that surprising 

4 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

What? Since when is Cash not English? Just because he has the right to play for Poland doesn't make him not English any more surely?

In real life he is still a British citizen with dual Polish nationality. In FIFA rules/standard football approach he is now an English-born Polish defender in the same way Raheem Sterling is a Jamaican-born English forward or Jorginho is a Brazilian-born Italian midfielder - doesn’t matter to the rulebook when you got your second passport.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Don't read too much into it fgs.

If you play more English players, you get more goals from English players. There's no need to be impressed.

Such a party pooper.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

Â