Match Thread: Villa v Norwich

limpid

Just now, Davkaus said:

It was always a stupid job to take. Big job on his hands next season to bring the yo-yo champions back up for their next relegation.

I don't think, in fairness, he was hired with the expectation of keeping him up. I think it was a "You'll get us back up next season; if you can keep us up, that's a massive bonus."

They'll be back.

They always are. 😅

Just now, OLDVILLAIN said:

I hope Everton and their smarmy "we are a much bigger team than villa" fans go down..they deserve it

Shame it's not **** Wolves. Stain shirted words removed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Oof, looks like Norwich will go down today. Feel for Smith.

His choice to take the job. Wouldn’t surprise me if they sack him.

• Like 1

Just now, est1874 said:

I don't think, in fairness, he was hired with the expectation of keeping him up. I think it was a "You'll get us back up next season; if you can keep us up, that's a massive bonus."

They'll be back.

They always are. 😅

Just seems to be like a move that could only hurt his reputation. Over half a season to get spanked, and anything less than automatic promotion next season is considered failure, for a shit club with a shoestring budget

Just now, Tom13 said:

To concede 60% possession at home to Norwich is something else

Yeah. I like Gerrard, but whatever side of the debate people are on, it is objectively very very poor and concerning.

• Like 1

Just now, est1874 said:

Yeah. I like Gerrard, but whatever side of the debate people are on, it is objectively very very poor and concerning.

we were the same before Gerrard, i think its clearly the limitations of some of our very overrated players.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1