Midweek Football 11/14 April

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

That is just…

I know the rules are the rules.

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I understand the ball hitting hand before a goal but he can't put his hand anywhere else. Madness rule.

IMO, this perfectly highlights where the rule makes sense. It wasn't deliberate handball, but he doesn't score that goal if it doesn't accidentally get blocked and slowed down by his hand.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Toni Rudiger is one of my favourite players to be honest. 

He’s a naughty bastard but one of the best defensive (as in not a Guardiola ball shifter) centre backs in the world. 

I say one of, the best.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

IMO, this perfectly highlights where the rule makes sense. It wasn't deliberate handball, but he doesn't score that goal if it doesn't accidentally get blocked and slowed down by his hand.

My problem is it’s not a handball anywhere else on the pitch, by the law.

Actually, it’s not even a handball if he doesn’t score it.

Edited by a m ole

Just now, a m ole said:

He’s a naughty bastard but one of the best defensive (as in not a Guardiola ball shifter) centre backs in the world. 

His passion is infectious. You'd love him if he played for your team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He might still score it, its not like it drastically altered the movement, he had the ball and would maintain possession at least.

But the reason it's silly is he could do a more blatant handball, like Henry v Ireland style, and then pass it 1 yard to someone for a tap in that that would be fine.

Just now, a m ole said:

My problem is it’s not a handball anywhere else on the pitch, by the law.

Not disputing the law bit, because I don’t know it.

But whilst it’s certainly not a yellow card handball I’ve seen comparable ones given plenty of times in the middle of the park as a freekick.

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

He might still score it, its not like it drastically altered the movement, he had the ball and would maintain possession at least.

But the reason it's silly is he could do a more blatant handball, like Henry v Ireland style, and then pass it 1 yard to someone for a tap in that that would be fine.

I don't think this is correct, isn't it if a hand is used anywhere in the "phase of play" leading up to the goal?

Just now, penguin said:

Not disputing the law bit, because I don’t know it.

But whilst it’s certainly not a yellow card handball I’ve seen comparable ones given plenty of times in the middle of the park as a freekick.

It shouldn’t be if they follow the rules 

Â