New kits 22/23

sne

On 28/06/2022 at 09:02, GarethRDR said:

Ah yes, the "one man whips it out, the other two laugh at it", a staple of any good kit release photoshoot.

This is the funniest thing ever said on VillaTalk. I can’t stop laughing at those photos now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Classy shirt from Norwich 

also, much respect to the club for using their kit launch to talk about mental health and male suicide. Only by normalising talking about it and getting help can we help reduce the stigma. 

That's lovely

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

well, as lovely as a yellow/ green combination could ever really be

they were definitely at the back of the queue when they were handing out shirt colours!

Well yeah that's one of the reasons it's such a nice design. They've managed to make the worst colour combination out there actually look good

Quite poor by PSG standards.                                                                                                          Ruined by the sponsor logo

paris_saint_germain_2022_2023_home_kit_1.jpegsouthampton_2022_2023_home_kit_a.jpegcoventry_city_2022_2023_away_kit_b.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Classy shirt from Norwich 

also, much respect to the club for using their kit launch to talk about mental health and male suicide. Only by normalising talking about it and getting help can we help reduce the stigma. 

This would rank highly amongst Premier League designs if they were still in it. Beautiful design.

22 minutes ago, sne said:

Quite poor by PSG standards.                                                                                                          Ruined by the sponsor logo

paris_saint_germain_2022_2023_home_kit_1.jpegsouthampton_2022_2023_home_kit_a.jpegcoventry_city_2022_2023_away_kit_b.jpeg

Yeah that's what I allured to earlier

Look at how Nike use the sponsor on the psg shirt and then look at how hummel use it on the southampton shirt 

I know there's an argument to be had over the sponsors logo and options available but Hummel have blown them out of the water there 

That said I dont like the detailing in the white on the southampton shirt, means it doesn't look clean, looks like a cheap shiny material 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

well, as lovely as a yellow/ green combination could ever really be

they were definitely at the back of the queue when they were handing out shirt colours!

pity these clowns didnt keep it

How the Manchester United green and gold movement started and could begin  again - Samuel Luckhurst - Manchester Evening News

2 hours ago, sne said:                                                                                      

coventry_city_2022_2023_away_kit_b.jpeg

God I wish we had gone with Hummel. How many times do we say this each year lol. I know it’s purple and yellow but it’s a good quality away shirt. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

God I wish we had gone with Hummel. How many times do we say this each year lol. I know it’s purple and yellow but it’s a good quality away shirt. 

I will never understand this take. All our modern Hummel kits were a disaster. 

12 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I will never understand this take. All our modern Hummel kits were a disaster. 

It was 15 years ago our last kit with them, the first of that deal was 2004. Hardly modern. 

olympique-de-marseille-home-22-23-authentic-jersey-men-98164-5.jpgolympique-de-marseille-home-22-23-authentic-jersey-men-98164-1.jpg

Edit: Marseille traditionally uses a lighter blue shade but at least they used the same blue colour on all details of the jersey. So much better than the mess you usually get on most kits.

Edited by sne
  • Like 4

Â