Battle for top half finish

turvontour

36 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I'd take 10th over 15th even if it means Carney, Tim and other youngsters never play another minute this season.

Why? We get a similar trophy of nothing. We need to blood these playera to see if they are good enough and can step up

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Why? We get a similar trophy of nothing. We need to blood these playera to see if they are good enough and can step up

We get a £10m+ in added revenue for those 5 positions. 

• Like 2

Chukwuemeka and Iroegbunam are in the squad because we already know they're good enough, if they weren't good enough they wouldn't be on the bench, we aren't naming in match day squads just for the sake of having academy players involved they have to earn and prove that they're good enough first. We should be looking to give the youngsters more game time and finish as high as possible.

35 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We get a £10m+ in added revenue for those 5 positions. 

£23 million extra actually.  Basically Coutinho's salary for free for next year.

or the equivalent of each season ticket holder paying £767 more next season.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

58 minutes ago, useless said:

We should be looking to give the youngsters more game time and finish as high as possible.

Thank you. Hate the idea that playing some of the best young players in the country will automatically lead to losing games. Spurs under Poch and Arsenal under Arteta have proven otherwise.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Leicester a, Norwich h, Burnley a, Liverpool h, Crystal Palace h, Burnley h, Man City a

If we assume losses to Liverpool and City. That leaves 5 games we can get points in. If we can get three wins in those home games and two draws in the away. That's 11 more points and we inflict a defeat on Palace. 

That'll get us to 47 points and constitute as good an end to the season as we can hope for really. So anywhere between 10 and 12 points is the target.

We should give ourselves a chance of 10th then. Winning two of our last three games too. Hopefully that'll be enough to suggest we can push on next season and be able to attract players 

It's funny that you say if we assume that we lose to Liverpool, which I agree I think we very very likely will.

But then you think that the side that put 7 past Liverpool is pretty much this current side, with Coutinho, Ings and Ramsey replacing Trezeguet, Barkley and Grealish.

What the hell has happened to us as a side?! 

I was really hopeful for eighth, it was within reach but stupid errors have cost us.

If we can claw back some performances tenth might be still possible which is not bad considering how this season has been another transitional one.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ender4 said:

£23 million extra actually.  Basically Coutinho's salary for free for next year.

or the equivalent of each season ticket holder paying £767 more next season.

I think this probably helps to illustrate how disgusting the wealth is in the PL, and how insignificant the fans are. We could double the ST cost across the board, and it still wouldn't pay for Digne's transfer fee. 

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I think this probably helps to illustrate how disgusting the wealth is in the PL, and how insignificant the fans are. We could double the ST cost across the board, and it still wouldn't pay for Digne's transfer fee. 

Ticket income have become next to meaningless with the current inflation in transfer fees and wages. Crowds in the stadium are still important, but mainly to make for a better show on tv.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I remember,in the 1980s when players like K.Keegan,M.Channon etc retired they had enough saved to buy a pub or similar.I cant understand why todays players can afford to buy the Tesco chain after only one season.FFS. 

On 12/04/2022 at 13:57, PussEKatt said:

I remember,in the 1980s when players like K.Keegan,M.Channon etc retired they had enough saved to buy a pub or similar.I cant understand why todays players can afford to buy the Tesco chain after only one season.FFS. 

i mean Tesco is worth between £20-25 BILLION so i doubt a footballer could afford that. 

A bog-standard premier league footballer makes around £2 million per year (£40k per week).  Only the absolute superstars make £10 million per year.

I think we'll end up finishing 11th, same as last year.

It is looking less and less likely that we will finish top half at the moment but we are so inconsistent we are likely to go and beat Leicester before losing at home to Norwich! 

12 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

The motivation has to be  finishing in the top 10. 

Not much of a motivating factor really is it? For me, time to introduce the youth on the bench for the remaining games. Why stifle the academy for the likes of Ashley Young or Luiz at this stage?

I'm personally going to tune out of this 'Battle for a top half finish' , because I know SG won't do this at all.

We're one point behind Leicester in 9th if we beat them next week. Its completely in our own hands if we want to finish top half. Another 3 game winning run and we're likely in pole position.

So many glass half empty posters on here, and Id guess a certain few arent villa fans.

• Like 1

Â