Battle for top half finish

turvontour

13 minutes ago, useless said:

We're six points off Newcastle in nineth place 😠

But we've got two games in hand 🤔

Their next two are Liverpool and Man City 🧐

Whilst we play Norwich and Burnley 😍

Imagine if after those fixtures we are still six points behind them…it’s not out of the realm of possibility with the possible potential results.  

Edited by nick76

9 hours ago, useless said:

We're six points off Newcastle in nineth place 😠

But we've got two games in hand 🤔

Their next two are Liverpool and Man City 🧐

Whilst we play Norwich and Burnley 😍

One of our games in hand is against Liverpool

• Haha 1

It doesn't matter which game is called 'our game in hand', you could just as easily say that our game in hand is Norwich, or Burnley, or Palace, or Man City, the point is we've got two extra games than them from which to get points. Their last four games are Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal, and Burnley.

• Like 1

Leicester still got likes of Norwich and Everton to play at home.

Palace got Leeds at home tomorrow and think they've also got Watford at home and Southampton who are properly on the beach. And Man. United.

Very slim prospect of finishing top 10 imo, only got the mentality of this club to blame.

I know some might have wanted Leeds to lose, I wouldn't have minded it myself, but not a bad result for us today Palace drawing, a game they could have easily won, but as it is they're just one point ahead of us, whilst we have a game in hand over them and also have to play them at home. Palace and Southampton play each other this weekend, whatever the result we will overtake one of them as long as we beat Norwich, would also go above Brentford if they lose away to Man Utd.

• Like 1

We can't be getting less than 8 points, ideally we get 10 or 12. Beating Palace is important at VP

Newcastle could easily get just one or maybe two points from remaining games. Liverpool, City and Arsenal before away to Burnley in last game. Three wins for us should see is end ahead of them. 

Edited by CVByrne

Very much within our abilities to get 8-9 points from the remaining games and get to 10th. It means relying also on other results but we are just as likely to finish around closer to the top half than not. We can do it. 

32 minutes ago, picicata said:

Based on how we've played and our general quality that sounds about right.

Given the diabolical and farcical pre-season, the terrible start, losing Grealish and changing manager, 12th or 13th wouldn’t be a disaster all things considered. Hoping for better of course. 

• Like 1

On 26/04/2022 at 07:52, The_Steve said:

Very much within our abilities to get 8-9 points from the remaining games and get to 10th. It means relying also on other results but we are just as likely to finish around closer to the top half than not. We can do it. 

I'd take 11th if offered right now, 10th would be a bonus.

If we get 9 points

I think we can get ahead of Newcastle who will struggle to get anything more than 2 points with Liverpool, City and Arsenal to play before away to Burnley last game.

Palace will get 5 or 6. Assuming we beat them, we end ahead of them even if they get 8.

Southampton maybe get 5 to 7. Touch and go if we get above them.

Brentford maybe up to 6 points. Could be ahead on goal diff

Brighton will probably get 6 or more which has them end above us. Leicester too

So realistically 9 points to get us 11th or 12th. If we can get 10 it'll be a bonus.

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

From what I remember posting at the beginning of the season, a top half finish was the minimum acceptable outcome from this season. It's now best case scenario. 

It ceased to be minimum acceptable when Dean Smith was fired after 5 defeats in a row.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

It ceased to be minimum acceptable when Dean Smith was fired after 5 defeats in a row.

We were 9th five games ago and people on here expected us to overtake Wolves and challenge West Ham 

• Like 1

Â