Battle for top half finish

turvontour

48 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

With Brentfrod and Newcastle now below us, having played 2 games more, which is the next team it is a " travesty " for us to be below in the table now?

A week or so ago they were the benchmark as to how " garbage " everything was going.

Imagine being a Leicester fan now?

Brighton. If you’d said to me at the start of the season we’d be finishing below them I’d think we’d be relegated. It’s a TRAVESTY! :trollface:

• Haha 2

On 08/05/2022 at 12:35, CVByrne said:

If we get 2 more wins we should be 7th in the table since Gerrard took over on 39 points from 27 games. Behind only the big 6

That'd be great. We should be around that position with the squad we have IMO.

If we managed to get a point off Liverpool then City wouldn't need to play for anything last game of the season. 

Leeds beating Brighton is an important one as is us beating Palace. Big game that on the weekend. 

Yes I made an error, for some reason our 43 points was registering in my mind as 44 points, not that I expect us to beat Liverpool, or Wolves to lose to Norwich anyway.

23 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'd take a set of results, even if it meant us losing, to see Leeds get relegated. 

I wouldn't. Not as if their main rivals, Burnley, are much more likable.

13 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I wouldn't. Not as if their main rivals, Burnley, are much more likable.

But a lot of Burnley fans didn't sign up here to tell us how great they are

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Said at the start of the season that 11th would be a good season given the upheaval at the start. 9th would be superb, I don't care if it's on 48 points even. We finished 9th with 48 points the last time we finished in the top half 11 seasons ago.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

But a lot of Burnley fans didn't sign up here to tell us how great they are

Not sure they even know what the internet is in Burnley to be fair. If their fan base is anything to go on a large proportion of them seem to be stuck in the 80’s. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, MSvillain said:

I've felt guilty for thinking this so I'm glad other people think it too 🤣

I feel dirty saying it, but honestly, I’d love them to go down. The best outcome is Leeds lose all of their remaining games and it doesn’t matter what we do.

I think they’ll get at least one point though and that means Burnley need to get a result somewhere. Their best bet might be away to us. I’d happily sacrifice a couple of points against them if it meant Leeds went down. 

And then, when they do, I want us to go and get Phillips. Oh, that would just be poetic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I feel dirty saying it, but honestly, I’d love them to go down. The best outcome is Leeds lose all of their remaining games and it doesn’t matter what we do.

I think they’ll get at least one point though and that means Burnley need to get a result somewhere. Their best bet might be away to us. I’d happily sacrifice a couple of points against them if it meant Leeds went down. 

And then, when they do, I want us to go and get Phillips. Oh, that would just be poetic. 

Newcastle at home is Burnley's easiest remaining fixture, for some strange reason a lot of people think Villa is easier than Newcastle. Not sure why. 

If we want to finish in the top half, we have to beat Palace and Burnley at home and try to nick something from City and/or Liverpool. Even then we might still miss out. 

Wolves are too far ahead for us to catch. So there are 2 top 10 places up for grabs.

Realistically Leicester have 3 near guaranteed wins. Norwich, Watford and home to Southampton last game of season. Away to Chelsea they should probably lose. We can't catch them unless they draw one of those games then it goes to goal difference. 

So it really is about Brighton, they have Leeds away and home to West Ham. If they fail to win those and we get 6 points more we should be ahead of them.

I just think we will probably draw one of Burnley / Palace. I think 11th is probably most likely

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Wolves are too far ahead for us to catch. So there are 2 top 10 places up for grabs.

Realistically Leicester have 3 near guaranteed wins. Norwich, Watford and home to Southampton last game of season. Away to Chelsea they should probably lose. We can't catch them unless they draw one of those games then it goes to goal difference. 

So it really is about Brighton, they have Leeds away and home to West Ham. If they fail to win those and we get 6 points more we should be ahead of them.

I just think we will probably draw one of Burnley / Palace. I think 11th is probably most likely

Leicester’s position may be less stable than you suggest. They shouldn’t really have lost to Everton at home on paper, and as Brendan Rogers has said, they have shot themselves in the foot repeatedly this season. If they slip up one more time and only get 7 from their remaining matches, we could be above them if we got 6 more (subject to not getting thrashed by Liverpool and Man C and losing our goal difference advantage).

49 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Leicester’s position may be less stable than you suggest. They shouldn’t really have lost to Everton at home on paper, and as Brendan Rogers has said, they have shot themselves in the foot repeatedly this season. If they slip up one more time and only get 7 from their remaining matches, we could be above them if we got 6 more (subject to not getting thrashed by Liverpool and Man C and losing our goal difference advantage).

Yeah away to Watford maybe, home to Southampton only two they might draw

Â