Match Thread: Villa v Southampton

limpid

Just now, VillaFaninLondon said:

We've probably had 40% today. When we have 60% of the ball and teams sit back we invariably always lose or draw. 

Hopefully that gets fixed next season but today has been a great performance. 

Must admit I'd take a 4 - 0 win no matter how it plays out.

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I’m confused what we’re arguing here. It was a yellow card and was given, it’s fine.

fair enough.  i followed the whole discussion fine.  but my rule is that I take a shot at every villa goal.  so, the better we do, the less sense I make to anyone but myself.  and sometimes (like the 7-2 game) I barely understand myself....  :)  

Oh and that doesn't count the mixed drink I'm sipping constantly.  BTW - did ya'll know this is texas independence week.  lot's of margarita specials here.  wow, neat idea from Bailey to nobody.  and that was neat from buendia too.  i think maybe I'll stop posting now.  unless I change my mind in a few minutes.

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

We've probably had 40% today. When we have 60% of the ball and teams sit back we invariably always lose or draw. 

Hopefully that gets fixed next season but today has been a great performance. 

I agree that we've played better as a counterattacking team this year...I've said that a couple times recently...

But the possession stats have been distorted by the fact we've backed off since scoring the 4th. I doubt it was 60-40 against us before then...

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

He needs minutes and confidence, when he's ready he will set the league on fire.

He’ll be 29 and a pensioner by that time.