The Batman

Stevo985

On 18/03/2022 at 19:40, StewieGriffin said:

Riddler is generally a more calculated psychopath, who is obsessed with Batman/Wayne. I thought a film with him as the villain would be more psychological than action.

That's exactly what it was to be honest. There was still action, but not sure how you can come away from that and think the Riddler wasn't calculating and wasnt' obsessed with Wayne

Spoiler

On 18/03/2022 at 19:40, StewieGriffin said:

I also doubt he'd have been caught because some woman saw him sneak down a drainpipe.

He wanted to be caught

You should spoiler your post

I watched it this morning and thought it was superb.   Easily my film of the week.

There's not actually a great deal of action to be honest but it was plenty enough for the story.

I'll be humming that Nirvana bassline til Sunday at least.

it's weird timing to be fair. although it kinda backs up a theory i had

Spoiler

i think the next film could be chronologically prior to the first as this deleted clip indicates that both batman and joker know each other, and i suspect batman actually is the one that put joker away in the first place. the next film could be a more of an origin story and joker is the first main villain that he captures

or could just go more simple and have joker escape arkham and maybe chuck in a few flashbacks to when he was hunting joker down

I don't think he has the right look for the Joker. He seems a bit pathetic—and in the wrong way. I know a lot of Jokers have that kind of origin, but with this actor specifically, it doesn't feel right.

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

I don't think he has the right look for the Joker. He seems a bit pathetic—and in the wrong way. I know a lot of Jokers have that kind of origin, but with this actor specifically, it doesn't feel right.

Spoiler

i guess because he's been caught. he's been outsmarted and no longer a mastermind villain as a result

if/when he breaks out of the asylum he might become less pathetic

31 minutes ago, tomav84 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

i guess because he's been caught. he's been outsmarted and no longer a mastermind villain as a result

if/when he breaks out of the asylum he might become less pathetic

Spoiler

Maybe. I also think he's way too helpful in that scene. I kind of think the writing in the scene is a bit pants. The first time you experience the Joker properly you don't want him locked up and impotent dropping in lines hinting at a more interesting story/relationship with Batman—I'd want to see it. You wouldn't want to see him actually help Batman just while looking at some photos. The only jokery thing he does is he laughs a few times, but yeah just seems a bit lame.

• Like 1

Spoiler

I don't know what the fascination is with making the Joker look grotesque/broken these days. 

That performance is... Oof... as well. I could see Keoghan being a good, younger Joker, but on that showing he's going for what I reckon he could be.

• Like 1

I'm a bit late to the party here but I thought it was decent enough, its hard to be much more when my expectation was sky high to begin with. 

My main gripe was with THE Batman walking around regular places such as nightclubs and active crime scenes with regular detectives doing their jobs. It just felt a bit like he was a bloke wearing a party costume at times; A bit of a throwback to the Adam West days. Just took me out of the moment. 

Batman should stay in the shadows. 

Maybe this feeling will ease on repeated viewings. I hope so as the rest was pretty atmospheric.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/03/2022 at 15:28, Stevo985 said:

Just back. 

I thought it was sensational. 
I don’t know if it’s the best Batman ever, but it’s in the conversation. 

It was excellent

5 minutes in I told my wife that R Patt was my favourite ever Batman. 

I thought he was excellent and so was the movie. I think its the best one. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sky in rip off shocker 🙄

It's crazy. I know Disney+ were the same with some of their films (I think they were charging £20) but at least they had the excuse that they didn't get a cinema release because of Covid to make money.

How they can justify charging more than it costs to see it in the actual cinema is absolutely beyond me.

I guess because mugs will pay it

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's crazy. I know Disney+ were the same with some of their films (I think they were charging £20) but at least they had the excuse that they didn't get a cinema release because of Covid to make money.

How they can justify charging more than it costs to see it in the actual cinema is absolutely beyond me.

I guess because mugs will pay it

I dont understand them, but as you say there are a few mugs out there that would pay it.

I haven't had sky in about 5-6 years. I left them after they increased my bill by a stupid amount. They wouldn't reduce it (but then i noticed if you was a new customer you can get it for half the price i was paying) so stuff them!

Cant see many takers at £12 just to rent. That is ridiculous 

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

5 minutes in I told my wife that R Patt was my favourite ever Batman. 

I thought he was excellent and so was the movie. I think its the best one. 

Not for me. It was good but certainly not my favourite.

My order of batmans from best to worst are

Keaton bale, pattison, affleck Clooney and kilmer.

Kilmer was definitely the worst.

I thought pattison played the role of bruce wayne brilliantly though. Definitely between him and keaton for top spot

Edited by Demitri_C

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Available to rent on Sky at the absolute bargain basement price of £16.99 😳😳

Yes I said rent

crazy money...that's why i get my films from the high seas

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Available to rent on Sky at the absolute bargain basement price of £16.99 😳😳

Yes I said rent

This kind of shit is what gives me pause for thought every time I come to do a DVD clear-out (that and some of the more nonsensical censoring of episodes from streaming services).

• Like 1

Â