The Batman

Stevo985

Batman is one of those characters from the superhero universe where it seems possible to make a good movie. I think that's largely because he not very erm...super.

He's basically a well trained normal bloke with some nice kit and daddy issues - and because of that, you can sit him in the real world which makes it easier to make a good film than it is for a bloke who can fly or shoot fire. 

Anyway's that's my two penneth, I'm sure when I see this in four or five years time it'll be good.

• Like 1

We had some chat in the Film thread a couple of weeks ago about ‘Baby Club’ at the Everyman. I was surprised to see this has been selected for next week’s showing… three hours is a long time for babies to be in there for! I’ve nothing to add to the discussion on the film sorry :lol:

• Like 1

Bloody hell, I’ve seen this guy feature in the trailer. The character is Commissioner Pete Savage. No idea who the actor was. 

D2ECCCC8-FF1B-4099-9407-32B02EFEF64F.jpeg.057e78228b6364402f718735b14ee72f.jpeg

Turns out it’s only -

Spoiler

Alex Ferns, AKA Trevor Morgan, AKA Little Mo’s right nasty bastard husband! This might just be Batman’s toughest foe yet.

993654C9-997A-4DA7-88C0-6D2208DC91CD.thumb.jpeg.a82d2549702f85a8899c560b70fa182e.jpeg

Edited by Mark Albrighton

5 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I thought we had a film thread for that. Just do not think this particular release merits a thread all of its own due to the nature of the film, Basically a remake of a remake of a remake etc

Don’t read the thread then 👍🏻

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chappy said:

We had some chat in the Film thread a couple of weeks ago about ‘Baby Club’ at the Everyman. I was surprised to see this has been selected for next week’s showing… three hours is a long time for babies to be in there for! I’ve nothing to add to the discussion on the film sorry :lol:

I actually might go to that 😂😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Bloody hell, I’ve seen this guy feature in the trailer. The character is Commissioner Pete Savage. No idea who the actor was. 

D2ECCCC8-FF1B-4099-9407-32B02EFEF64F.jpeg.057e78228b6364402f718735b14ee72f.jpeg

Turns out it’s only -

Hide contents

Alex Ferns, AKA Trevor Morgan, AKA Little Mo’s right nasty bastard husband! This might just be Batman’s toughest foe yet.

993654C9-997A-4DA7-88C0-6D2208DC91CD.thumb.jpeg.a82d2549702f85a8899c560b70fa182e.jpeg

He was also in an episode of Chernobyl as the head of the miners. Where he infamously has a nude scene.

10 minutes ago, Chindie said:

He was also in an episode of Chernobyl as the head of the miners. Where he infamously has a nude scene.

Yes, I haven’t watched Chernobyl but when I mentioned that he’s in this Batman film to some friends on WhatsApp one helpfully informed me of this scene by posting a still in the group chat which I think was appreciated by all.

Does this movie tell a new story or is it a rehash of all the others?

To be honest I don't see the point in another batman film, however good it may be.

27 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

To be honest I don't see the point in another batman film, however good it may be.

It's a new story insofar as it features a still early career Batman trying to solve a serial killer case where high profile figures are being killed mysteriously. It's not a rehash of things we've had before, unless you argue that any Batman story that features a villain we've had before is retreading old ground.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

It's supposed to be quite disturbing . More akin to something like Seven than a  comic book film .   

I have super hero fatigue as much as anybody but this really does look like it's going to be high grade cinema.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It's a new story insofar as it features a still early career Batman trying to solve a serial killer case where high profile figures are being killed mysteriously. It's not a rehash of things we've had before, unless you argue that any Batman story that features a villain we've had before is retreading old ground.

Sounds like it's a slight rehash of the Ogre serial killer storyline in the first season of Gotham but I'm not sure that counts. 

5 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

My idea for a new story would be that following several devastating setbacks, the city of Gotham is enraptured with a new, enigmatic saviour who goes by the of Bissouma. 

Our hero is sceptical of Bissouma and believes that he is behind some sort of city wide brainwashing, making the citizens believe he’s something that he’s not and he sets out to prove the deception.

I’m calling it “ @Zatman Begins”.

Definitely better than some of the crap Hollywood produces now 😉

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

My idea for a new story would be that following several devastating setbacks, the city of Gotham is enraptured with a new, enigmatic saviour who goes by the of Bissouma. 

Our hero is sceptical of Bissouma and believes that he is behind some sort of city wide brainwashing, making the citizens believe he’s something that he’s not and he sets out to prove the deception.

I’m calling it “ @Zatman Begins”.

I expect totally polarized reviews ranging from 'worst film I've ever seen on the big screen', 'Under a different director this would be amazing' and  'you've got to give it time to show it's world class' ;) 

• Haha 3

Â