The Batman

Stevo985

MV5BYTExZTdhY2ItNGQ1YS00NjJlLWIxMjYtZTI1

Thought this one deserved it's own thread.

Released tomorrow and reviews seem very positive. I've seen/heard more than one person referring to it as the best Batman movie ever. Which given the quality of Begins and Dark Knight, is a very bold claim indeed.

I'll be seeing it as soon as possible

• Like 1

Tickets booked for Sunday morning - went with the 'Recliner' option because I doubt my old back could manage 3 hours otherwise 😃

I've been excited about seeing this for a while now and it looks as though the hype may be deserved.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I really need to watch the most recent few Batman films, then this.

You can probably skip the ones that have come out since the Nolan ones to be honest

• Thanks 1

I've been surprised how positive the reaction has been. I thought it would be good, but talk of it being the best Batman movie has caught me off guard.

I still have problems with the art design a little, it's gone for that kinda semi real, gritty thing that feels a bit try hard - the Riddler's outfit being a callback to the Zodiac's outfit is just... No. It's like it's embarrassed of what it is.

But otherwise I'm down for Gotham not being Chicago, being grimy and dark, I'm down for Batman actually being a detective, I'm down with Pattinson in the role and the director is very good.

It'll be good when I can see it, in July.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

MV5BYTExZTdhY2ItNGQ1YS00NjJlLWIxMjYtZTI1

Thought this one deserved it's own thread.

Released tomorrow and reviews seem very positive. I've seen/heard more than one person referring to it as the best Batman movie ever. Which given the quality of Begins and Dark Knight, is a very bold claim indeed.

I'll be seeing it as soon as possible

It is a comic book movie though so you'll probably hate it ;)

• Haha 1

Nah, not interested. I don't watch much comic book stuff.

I've seen  Nolans' Batmen, the first Thor, Black Panther, The Watchmen...that's about it. And inevitably loads more obvious ones.

Edited by fightoffyour

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

"Batman vs Superman" and "Justice League"

Neither of which (Ultimate Cut for BvS and Snyder Cut in the latter case) are that bad. They aren't great either but the backlash was over the top. The warehouse scene in BvS might be the best Batman action scene filmed yet.

Also, in respect of this film...

If that isn't (possible spoilers)

Spoiler

the gun that killed his parents forming the emblem on his chest, and that doesn't have some importance to the overarching plot

I'll be astonished. Which might be one of the things I'm most concerned about with where this film is going.

Â