Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Lucas Moura is a terrific player and a coup for us if true, but mostly suited as a central attacking midfielder where we already have Coutinho and Buendia, so doesn't sound very clever. He is also someone who mostly runs with the ball himself, so he doesn't solve our problem that we don't create enough for our strikers. He will also be very expensive with no sell on value.

So despite loving to have terrific players here, it would be a no from me in our current situation. Do we have no coherence in our recruting?

Just now, VillaHatesMe said:

I love the mental state of this board right now. We could be linked to prime Zinedine Zidane and at least 10 people would be on here calling him shit within minutes.

Not only shit, but evidence of utter and complete incompetence. VT has become a virtual version of 'therapeutic' screaming. 

16 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

My thoughts are Archer can go on Loan (maybe waits till Jan) and we have 2 CFs, 2 Wide forwards and 2 narrow forwards/10s

yep I don't think it's as bad as everyone is making out as far as squad positions goes.  With moura in you could play

back 4 with Mings in it

mid 3 of luiz, kamara behind buendea with a front 3 of Bailey, watkins and Moura

That's pretty decent.  Just need the final piece then, as in a manager that isn't a ludicrous scouse ball bag.

Edited by tezzaleed

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

WHY?  

People need to understand our midfield problem is the **** system. Not specifically the players. If McGinn and Ramsey were attacking 8s with fullbacks and a 6 there covering for them we'd see totally different players

Our best spell of form since promotion was when we had McGinn and Douglas Luiz playing in a midfield 2 with either Grealish or Barkley playing 10. It worked well as we had balance and workrate from Trezeguet and El Ghazi. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Is he an improvement on Traore?

giphy.gif

Traore wasn’t getting game time anyway and Traore had decent goal and assist stats but neither him or Lucas are starters for us.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Would he then not be " shit " anymore if it's Poch who brings him in? lol

Haha I don’t think he’s shit. But I guess it would suggest him coming in as a useful tool rather than a roll of the dice for people that do

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

a lot of players would be better, including our own, if a different manager played a formation more suited to using them properly.

So yeah......kinda?

Not saying its a good or bad signing, but i would be a lot more confident that "any" signings would be used properly under a proper manager.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tezzaleed said:

yep I don't think it's as bad as everyone is making out as far as squad positions goes.  With mourn in you could play

back 4 with Mings in it

mid 3 of luiz, kamara behind buendea with a front 3 of Bailey, watkins and Moura

That's pretty decent.  Just need the final piece then, as in a manager that isn't a ludicrous scouse ball bag.

That is NEVER going to happen under this manager…

he is obsessed with McGinn, the new captain. At least one of him and Ramsey is ALWAYS going to play… but he stupidly continues to play BOTH.

Coutinho is another one who gets guaranteed game time, regardless of form and performance…

I don’t see how people don’t see or get this…

there’s almost no point in posting a lineup that doesn’t include these players… it’s dreamland…

The only way it will change is with a new manager…

3 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

I love the mental state of this board right now. We could be linked to prime Zinedine Zidane and at least 10 people would be on here calling him shit within minutes.

Really? So just because VTers aren’t happy signing poor/average players we’d reject prime Zidane? Nonsense, we just don’t want to sign extra bodies for the sake of it but impactful players to the team.  It’s not a big ask of the club.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Personally don't want him regardless of who's boss. We don't need him and he isn't a clear improvement on what we have.

Sigh.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Our best spell of form since promotion was when we had McGinn and Douglas Luiz playing in a midfield 2 with either Grealish or Barkley playing 10. It worked well as we had balance and workrate from Trezeguet and El Ghazi. 

We had a better manager and a better system… 😢

7 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Gerrard would probably bench him for McGinn

Moura maybe a good utility player I confess I havent watched him play recently. I just see a 30 year old winger/forward who will be a back up after we just shipped out Bertie. Meanwhile our midfield is wrong and we are light on CB's after we shipped out Hause after Carlos got injured.

I am just confused by this is all. Maybe its an inspired signing I dunno. It just looks like spending money to stand still.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Haha I don’t think he’s shit. But I guess it would suggest him coming in as a useful tool rather than a roll of the dice for people that do

Don't mind me, my emotions are all over the place.

I'm so confused i'm slagging off people both FOR and AGAINST Management, board and club right now. lol

How much worse could it become in about 2 - 3 hours post match?

Hoping we all look stupid ( In a good way ) tomorrow.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1