Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

6 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I'd rather have no one if we are just going to buy someone rubbish or give a contract longer than a year or two to an older player.

I hear you… but it looks and feels like we’re going to be left with a weak and light squad and be short on options… that’s worse, but we don’t need to sign crap either. We need to get a bloody move on!

7 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Any CMs about who are terrible positionally, terrible on the ball in tight areas but who get a few pop shots on goal in every game? If so I'm sure Steven will be in for them.

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Scenes when we announce the return of Super Jack Grealish....

Then sell all the other new players he would be great with on deadline day as well.

Back to the good old days! 💪🏽

Screenshot_20220831-035127_Facebook-min.jpg

If he has a bad season I could see him back next summer.

• Like 1

I know we all hate Gerrard but questions have to be asked with regard to the transfers.

Kamara and Diego look to be great buys but we have so far failed to provide sufficient improvement to the squad and it looks much the same as it did at the end of last year. We are in desperate need for a midfield starter and have been for some time. We could end up with almost 0 net spend with the way things are going.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

I know we all hate Gerrard but questions have to be asked with regard to the transfers.

Kamara and Diego look to be great buys but we have so far failed to provide sufficient improvement to the squad and it looks much the same as it did at the end of last year. We are in desperate need for a midfield starter and have been for some time. We could end up with almost 0 net spend with the way things are going.

And to think the Gerrard conversation a few weeks ago was “well at least he attracts good players so the next manager will be well stocked!”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Then sell all the other new players he would be great with on deadline day as well.

spacer.png

Err I know we have all been busy rightly concerned about the manager. But its <24 hours left to get in two midfielders and a defender. Oh and we have 3 points after 4 games, two of which were against our relegation rivals. I dont understand why the club are not in full panic mode. I bloody well am.

wearegoingtodie.gif&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 1

3 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

What happened with Rabiot? I still think he could be good for us. His mother won’t be worse than SG anyway.

I’m sure his mother Véronique would get along with Craig Butler.

Seriously, after reading about the wage demands Rabiot made to Man United I doubt he would be an option for us. He wanted to be among their top earners which would mean £350k+.

• Shocked 1

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

At this point Citeh fans are willing to throw him back to us for free.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Err I know we have all been busy rightly concerned about the manager. But its <24 hours left to get in two midfielders and a defender. Oh and we have 3 points after 4 games, two of which were against our relegation rivals. I dont understand why the club are not in full panic mode. I bloody well am.

wearegoingtodie.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Not that it's much better, but the window closes on the 1st September at 11pm this year. Loads of time then 😬

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

This will be a classic “well, we tried” situation but Gerrard will come out with some wank comment about how the players need to step up because him and his staff have prepared them enough now and it’s up to them to perform.

This is exactly what will happen. 

Im absolutely flabbergasted we haven’t signed another central midfielder. 

To be honest, a lot of it is probably down to the fact our squad is bloated and we as a club have absolutely no idea when the time is right to sell players. Often, we wait til the end of their contract or wait for them to be sidelined for an extended period of time before we look to move them on. That obviously means they either leave on a free, on loan, for a very small price or not at all.

For all the good that has happened over the last few years, I’d actually argue we’ve been fairly poorly run when it comes to the footballing side of things, especially given the money spent. I know that’s something a lot of people don’t like to hear but we’re a mess right now and that is inexcusable given the investment in the playing squad. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1

In order to improve our league position from last year, I thought we needed at least a CB, two CM’s and an ST in this window. The Carlos injury is a cruel blow, but it does look increasingly like we’re going to end up with Kamara being the only addition to the starting XI from last year. 

The club is either sleepwalking into a bit of bother or they’re aware of it but just haven’t been able to get deals over the line due to financial constraints. Either way, with the way other clubs have strengthened this Summer, over a 38 game season, I can’t see us improving on 14th and dare I say it, we may be in for a relegation fight. 

It’s been a very poor 6-12 months for the club on the pitch if I’m honest. Our transfer policy is a mess. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1