Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

Its why this window is baffling for me. We wanted two centre backs and if I was a betting man (I don’t know have any info on this) I think they wanted to sell Mings.

And this would have gone down even worse than removing the Captaincy. Unless they were looking from a business perspective and felt his value was peak.

So I'm guessing you think they might have wanted Carlos Left and Tarkowski right?

Just now, Adam2003 said:

JV just to be clear I wasn’t trying to pick an argument here on WHY the deal didn’t happen, just noting that there was very real and active interest. Perhaps in the current climate using Gerrard personally going to his house was somehow taken as a dig but was just proof for me that interest was very concrete.

No worries mate I gathered that from your initial response to the poster. ( Aside from the panty liner bit 😂 ).

I was trying to check for myself if it was true, and if it would give any clues to transfer intentions.

However Omariqy has suggested we probably may have wanted both.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

was Anwar in the training vid today?

Not sure. I guess there could be an innocent explanation - might not have been there the day the photos were taken etc? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Aside from the panty liner bit 😂

Well that was immature from me but it gets my backup when repeating something widely reported as part of a separate discussion has people jump on you as being some blind idiot believing whatever someone says on social media 😂

West Ham feels like a poor choice of club for Paqueta. Those comments from Moyes about the transfer window were funny btw:

The manager accepted he had probably lost count of the number of players for whom West Ham have bid, saying: “Do you know what, I’d probably say yes. We’ve bid for a lot of players and if I told you who, you would burst out laughing and say: ‘You’re kidding.’”

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2022/aug/24/david-moyes-west-ham-bids-lucas-paqueta

13 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Would that have been in addition to Diego or instead of? Sorry I haven’t read the article so don’t know the timeline. Obviously Diego signed quite early on, so I’d guess Tarkowski would have been in addition to… 

Can only think the plan was to get those two signed early....and then bin Mings off for about 30m to someone like Leicester which in fairness would've been decent business. 

In true Villa fashion we didn't sign Tarkowski (although he'll be available next summer if Everton go down), sign Diego and he gets serious injury straight away and now Mings is back in but playing for a manager who dosen't rate him. And Gerrard would rather pick Konsa over Chambers still.

So like midfield our defence is actually in worse state than six months ago which takes some doing.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Can only think the plan was to get those two signed early....and then bin Mings off for about 30m to someone like Leicester which in fairness would've been decent business. 

That would be my assumption as well - try to use the free transfer of a comparable player, then even if you sell Mings (or Konsa) for below market value it’s profit.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

In true Villa fashion we didn't sign Tarkowski (although he'll be available next summer if Everton go down), sign Diego and he gets serious injury straight away and now Mings is back in but playing for a manager who dosen't rate him. And Gerrard would rather pick Konsa over Chambers still.

So like midfield our defence is actually in worse state than six months ago which takes some doing.

Exactly this. Lots of unsettling talk and money spent only to be back at square one, but with our original CB duo now partially out of form and low on confidence.

54 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is Fofana 75 million worth of good?

Starting to think I must be worth 4 or 5 million in this market. Possible solution to the cost of living crisis if we all take up professional football? Seems to be plenty to go around. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Very soon Steero. Very soon indeed!

You can read the script already.

If Forest can beat them, and we can't, that don't bode well......I think application is key.

I would sadly think, this fixture, is a god send to them.....I hope I end up eating my words.

Edited by TRO

21 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think the biggest disappointment, is no one fancies our players.....We haven't exactly had to fend off the predators, have we.

maybe, we have had our confidence nipped in the transfer market too....staggered why we never followed up with our early season strikes, for another midfielder.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

What a mess. 

24 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Little heads up for you and others. Load the article on your phone, and whilst it’s loading, switch to airplane mode, and you can view the article for free. 😉

12ft ladder is a helpful tool for getting around paywalls too 

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Actually him and his agent asked for a lot more money at the last minute - we walked away

Really?!

We walked away from a free who would have started every game.

Him and Carlos would have been so so good. I've be so confident with them back there.

Reason I'd doubt this is because no way he's got even the basic salary from Everton we could have given him. He risked that to piss about with us?

37 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Little heads up for you and others. Load the article on your phone, and whilst it’s loading, switch to airplane mode, and you can view the article for free. 😉

Holy moly that actually worked. Nice one mate. Cheers