Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Was aware of Sangare signing a new contract but I just wanted to dream a little 😆 PSV getting knocked out reignited my interest 😆

However, there may well be (another?) release clause in that contract and failing to qualify for Champions League may affect his feelings on whether to stay put… seems like the vast majority of players are desperate to play in the PL these days and get paid the big bucks…

Zakaria and Kone were another two names mentioned today…

There are loads of options… it feels like we’re either slow to act or haven’t got our priorities straight. There is still time though, so all we can do is wait and see but it’s understandable for us to feel eager or even desperate with the way we’ve been performing… we need reinforcement…

I’m hoping we have a big deal lined up that will shock and pleasantly surprise us…when it’s finally revealed..,

Regardless, I feel there are plenty of options out there to improve our midfield. As we get closer to the close of the window, my concerns that maybe SG is happy with his options (he’s stuck with Ramsey and McGinn in the league despite how poor we’ve been, Luiz not a starter yet. Abysmal decision to give John the captains armband and he will not be dropped - that’s not going to change anytime soon unless we make a change of manager) grow… but I’m also more concerned about these ridiculous tactics than I am about the individual players. We have to sort it out asap or we are going to be in deep trouble…

I can’t see the logic in vacating or bypassing midfield… we need to close distances, stop the hoofball, keep the ball on the ground as much as possible and improve our passing game as well as penetration and chance creation.

Be more solid and allow the attackers to thrive… build around Buendia - our chief and most capable creator. Bring out the best in him and we will be firing (that’s if the CF(s) can be relied on to be clinical)…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

he signed a new long term deal with them a few weeks back didn't he so whatever price they wanted will have doubled now.

Given some of the signings going through in the prem currently not signing another CM is going to be unforgivable and we'll be miles off it this season. Massively disappointing.

When you actually analyse it our CM has suddenly become a bit of a mess

Kamara- No problem, settling in well but needs help infront of him.

McGinn-Shouldn't be starting every week. Will have to wait for new manager to rectify that but we've had good years out of him and now he needs to be eased out of 11.

Carney- Gone to see the London lights when he'd have featured regularly this season.

Luiz-Contract running down and just warming the bench these days. Pretty impressive how we seem to be reducing value of 20m player every week.

Sanson- Will be in Turkey soon.

Nakamba- Just squad filler. One of those who can come in for a game or two o.k but don't want him starting 4-5 in a row.

Ramsey- No issue, huge potential and just off form. 

It's hard to argue we're not significantly weaker than 12 months ago when back then Luiz and McGinn were still effective prem players and both started last season decently. For a club from the top shouting about qualifying for europe and all that it's yet another start to the season where our CM options are substandard compared to those around us.

Wolves kept Moutinho and Neves for one more season and added Matheus to the mix. Leeds lost Kalvin Phillips which should've been a death knell but Tyler Adams has been excellent so far and Roca settling in fine.

Two clubs we really should be finishing above but will be a struggle now.

It is highly likely the release clause isn’t double what it was. It may be slightly higher but not by much as he wouldn’t have signed a new deal otherwise.

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Given some of the signings going through in the prem currently not signing another CM is going to be unforgivable and we'll be miles off it this season. Massively disappointing.

When you actually analyse it our CM has suddenly become a bit of a mess

Kamara- No problem, settling in well but needs help infront of him.

McGinn-Shouldn't be starting every week. Will have to wait for new manager to rectify that but we've had good years out of him and now he needs to be eased out of 11.

Carney- Gone to see the London lights when he'd have featured regularly this season.

Luiz-Contract running down and just warming the bench these days. Pretty impressive how we seem to be reducing value of 20m player every week.

Sanson- Will be in Turkey soon.

Nakamba- Just squad filler. One of those who can come in for a game or two o.k but don't want him starting 4-5 in a row.

Ramsey- No issue, huge potential and just off form. 

It's hard to argue we're not significantly weaker than 12 months ago when back then Luiz and McGinn were still effective prem players and both started last season decently. For a club from the top shouting about qualifying for europe and all that it's yet another start to the season where our CM options are substandard compared to those around us.

Wolves kept Moutinho and Neves for one more season and added Matheus to the mix. Leeds lost Kalvin Phillips which should've been a death knell but Tyler Adams has been excellent so far and Roca settling in fine.

Two clubs we really should be finishing above but will be a struggle now.

Good post and exactly how I feel. There are a few days left of the window and I cling on to the hope that we’re going to pull a rabbit out of the hat but with each dreadful game we play we look a less appealing proposition. 

We have been crying out for midfield upgrades for several windows now and I can’t believe that another one may have passed and we’re still relying on McGinn and Ramsey. Kamara and Carlos are great but never going to solve it all.

What the hell have they been doing for the last two months? Like I said, a few days left so maybe we’ll do something else.

Just now, duke313 said:

Diallo isn’t leaving the PSG bench to sit on ours.

Probably not, but you never know what the idea is. Maybe he's better than Mings?

Or maybe the rumour i BS. 😅

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Knutserov13 said:

Laugh all you want but I like Mctominay. I think he would be perfect in midtable team. Him and Kamara would be good for us in a double pivot. Too bad Gerrard doesnt play that way though...

Swag GIF by AfterThis - Find & Share on GIPHY

45 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I’d suggest it’s the BS rumour part…

Probably. We seem to play our cards so close to the chest that a rumour is most likely confirmation that we won't do a deal for that particular player.

40 minutes ago, Knutserov13 said:

Laugh all you want but I like Mctominay. I think he would be perfect in midtable team. Him and Kamara would be good for us in a double pivot. Too bad Gerrard doesnt play that way though...

Actually, even to my surprise, I kind of agree.

He's a limited footballer there's no question but I do have to wonder if he could do a job. A spoiler who breaks up play, bit of a nasty piece of work and physically something we don't have right now.