Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

Sure but the fee would probably be 50m plus 

I think we may need to smash our transfer record this week if we want to save this season (and maybe even next season).  I still think that the right player (and Ndidi fits the mould of what we need) will help fix the main issue with our team - namely the lack of balance and ability to control the middle of the pitch both in and out of possession.  £50 - 60 million becomes small change if it can help us move from the battle for 12th to the battle for 6th over the next couple of seasons.

My confidence in Gerrard has taken a huge knock and he might not be the man to get us into the battle for 6th.  But if we do sack him in the next three weeks having Ndidi (as an example) and Kamara as the base for our midfield would be a pretty enticing prospect for a new manager.  We are a big gamble for any "noteworthy" manager at the moment because our midfield has been proven to be hugely inconsistent for 2 - 3 seasons and we've struggled to make much impression in the mid-table battle.  We've killed a couple of managerial careers in recent years and there isn't a manager who has left us with a better reputation than they arrived with for a long, long time.  A quality midfielder makes it more likely that any new manager can make a quick difference without having to wait until January (which is always a difficult window) to address key issues.  I think we are 10th - 12th material at the moment (maybe a place higher with an excellent manager) but a new midfielder, I'd think that even with our bad start a really good manager would still be thinking that they could get us top half and maybe into the battle for "best of the rest".

My only worry is whether Gerrard understands what we need and that he instead spends big on another McGinn / JJ type player which will leave us just as unbalanced as we are at the moment.

I was interested to watch how Vieira nullified Kamara yesterday. He put Doucore on him as a man marker. That's the same player that a lot of us wanted to sign as a CM last season. Vieira obviously did his homework on our most effective player against Everton.

Doucore and Kamara would have been a great CM partnership. Cheap as well.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’m not convinced this has anything to do with Villa.

He’s not generally the type to wind up and he knows what people will expect from this though 

edit: he’s just said it’s not Villa related ffs 

Edited by MSvillain

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Right thats it get graham potter in now 👈🏽 Despite the 3-0 loss to leeds would anyone take Tuchel ?

No way in Hell Tuchel would come to Villa, even if he got the sack today.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MSvillain said:

Does sarr deserve a 🤯? It’s basically already leaked and it’s not like he’s out of our reach 

Or, it’s total bollocks? 

(I really hope he knows something)

Edit: he’s just confirmed it’s not villa related 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, useless said:

I've got a feeling we're working on something big for the central midfield positon, I wouldn't be surprised if whoever we bring in we have to break our transfer record to do so. I think for sure we will do someting in that area, so it's going to be interesting to see exactly what happens.

We'll sign De Bruyne and then have him cover behind Matty as he bombs forward.

• Haha 2