Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Apologies, I didn’t realise he was being sarcastic, I see now, it is hard to tell on an internet forum. Sorry about the succumbed bit, I just like that word

No problems mate 👍

Sorry, I just like having a laugh. Not looking to score points 😆

It helps in this day and age. Villa doing well would too 🤣

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think its reasonable to expect Bailey to play better this season given he has looked fitter pre season. Last year he didn't show us his abilities, I think he will this year. Gerrard obviously rates him and that is one of the reasons we are probably not after another forward/winger.

If the opportunity arises to sign a forward/ winger, we should take it but I believe in Ollie Watkins, Danny Ings and Cameron Archer. I think they will have enough goals in them for us not to sign another forward/ winger. Not forgetting Keinan Davis who is still on the books, don’t forget 

Brighton have played a blinder with the White and now Cucurella (insane) sales…

Football really is mental nowadays.

I’ll be glad if our club displays a more sensible and measured approach when it comes to transfers… 

Funny how Pep missed out on another expensive defensive signing, he’s the master of it 🤣 chequebook manager.

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

No problems mate 👍

Sorry, I just like having a laugh. Not looking to score points 😆

It helps in this day and age. Villa doing well would too 🤣

Haha ok, don’t worry about it, it’s my slow wittedness, do you think we did well last season Jas10? The last sentence suggests not but I could be wrong 

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I’ll be glad if our club displays a more sensible and measured approach when it comes to transfers… 

Funny how Pep missed out on another expensive defensive signing, he’s the master of it 🤣 chequebook manager.

Maybe he thinks that said player doesn’t fit his system or style of play

37 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

new PL 2 rules state 5 over age players allowed (over the age of 21).

So yes, as i think El Ghazi is the only over 21 player in the lineup?

Traore/Guilbert/Davis not in the u21 squad tonight.

What's particularly interesting is that Gerrard specifically mentioned Davis getting minutes with the u21's in his press conference this morning. Has he picked up an injury in that time(possible) or has something else happened?

4 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

What's particularly interesting is that Gerrard specifically mentioned Davis getting minutes with the u21's in his press conference this morning. Has he picked up an injury in that time(possible) or has something else happened?

your guess is as good as mine!

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Leon Bailey is a bit of a conundrum, he could turn out to be the classic, like a new signing, or he could again be a misfire. A lot depends on his fitness. This level of uncertainty, I would say, makes him available if the right offer comes in and if we have a suitable replacement lined up. The fact that he’s not been here long and isn’t a Gerrard signing, probably increases the chance of his departure. I doubt that, at the moment, he’s particularly integral to any future plans. 

I doubt that if a player like buendia had a pre season like bailey you wouldn’t have such a non-chalant approach to him leaving us and undertones of no matter what he does you dont really want him here 

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Getting 120 million in 12 months for 2 academy graduates is decent to be fair. Maybe even blinding. 

You know leicester who are held up as the ultimate buy low sell high club. They  made the same profit on Kante Mahrez Drinkwater sales as we did on Grealish and Chuk. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Getting 120 million in 12 months for 2 academy graduates is decent to be fair. Maybe even blinding. 

You know leicester who are held up as the ultimate buy low sell high club. They  made the same profit on Kante Mahrez Drinkwater sales as we did on Grealish and Chuk. 

Bought Cucurella from Barcelona/Getafe (Barcelona had a buyback)and White they signed at 19 from Southampton

Yet people dismiss this scouting thing as we are Villa we are too big to develop players as we need to win now

Edited by Zatman

43 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I doubt that if a player like buendia had a pre season like bailey you wouldn’t have such a non-chalant approach to him leaving us and undertones of no matter what he does you dont really want him here 

We’ll those undertones are entirely in you head and the thought of not wanting him here was never in mine to be honest. If I gave that impression then it wasn’t intentional. Like I say it’s really hard to tell what we’ve got with Leon because of his injuries. Hopefully we’ve got the player we saw against Everton last year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Apologies, I didn’t realise he was being sarcastic, I see now, it is hard to tell on an internet forum. Sorry about the succumbed bit, I just like that word

Wait, you thought I was being serious?

Clue should also be in my user name mate?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, PieFacE said:

IF Gerrard could get him happy and playing well he could be a huge player for us. Absolutely massive IF. Way too risky imo. 

Depends on the price. Very good player, not sure where it all went wrong?

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Bought Cucurella from Barcelona/Getafe (Barcelona had a buyback)and White they signed at 19 from Southampton

Yet people dismiss this scouting thing as we are Villa we are too big to develop players as we need to win now

But what about the countless youngsters we’ve been signing? Tim Iro, Azaz, Feeney, Barry, loads more even Chukweumeka we signed from elsewhere 

• Like 1