Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Its peak VT. I've read the same bollocks about Leeds as well. Other teams managers and signings are brilliant and ours are shit and we need loads of new players! 

Makes you wonder about some posters on here. Some seem to be “building a position” just in case things go wrong. Others are probably Small Heath fans in disguise venting their disappointment on us. Otherwise no rational explanation for such early pessimism.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

I've read this line more than once and I can't work out if it's a joke or not.

Keep reading.

(Just kidding, it was indeed tongue in cheek. Although I would take it if offered obviously)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Makes you wonder about some posters on here. Some seem to be “building a position” just in case things go wrong. Others are probably Small Heath fans in disguise venting their disappointment on us. Otherwise no rational explanation for such early pessimism.

They've made their position clear from day 1 and will never budge from it. They're probably hoping we fail and lose the opening game so they can win the internet. 

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

Its peak VT. I've read the same bollocks about Leeds as well. Other teams managers and signings are brilliant and ours are shit and we need loads of new players! 

Pretty much, under rate our own and over rate others.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

I'm pessimistic but only because of the guys who coach us and the manager, not the players.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

They've made their position clear from day 1 and will never budge from it. They're probably hoping we fail and lose the opening game so they can win the internet. 

Really, what are you 6?  

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Indigo said:

Are Forest the new arbitrary team we just pick out as a point of comparison for no reason? 

As a minimum, Villa should be the best team in the Midlands every year.

This year, that means finishing ahead of Leicester, Wolves, and yes, Forest.

4 hours ago, Indigo said:

Are Forest the new arbitrary team we just pick out as a point of comparison for no reason? 

If Villa have a good, successful season then I really don't care what other teams have better ones.

Its bizarre but always happens on here whether Leeds, Brentford, Sheffield United etc. Forest have a better manager than us but not one Forest player gets into our starting team

4 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Has Belotti been discussed? What's going on there, surely there's some interest in his services

He isnt very good, he isnt an upgrade on Watkins/Ings and probably wants a big deal

He has been leaving Torino since January and still hasnt got a club and is on a free so tells you a lot about his situation

9 minutes ago, messi11 said:

West ham agreed a 30 mil deal to sign striker Gianluca Scamacca. Maybe we should match it

Nothing against Scamacca personally, but I'm always leery of signing young players who only have one strong season and greatly exceeded their xG. He had 16 goals on 10.8 xG. I'd rather see him do it again before putting up that kind of money.