Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

23 minutes ago, TRO said:

we still need a goal scorer, who we can hang our hat on.

Midfield is the engine room, so important to get right......but goals change games, and if we don't have a clinical finisher, and keep missing opportunities, the midfield heads drop, and the energy, wanes.....and we go on the back foot.

It’s a real viscous circle TRO. Assuming we don’t have the funds and/or target availability for both which would you prioritise?
Also, SG has specifically referenced the need for more quality in CM. For me, a CM in this window and last chance saloon for OW and DI with a striker the priority for next Summer. 

3 minutes ago, eholm said:

It’s a real viscous circle TRO. Assuming we don’t have the funds and/or target availability for both which would you prioritise?
Also, SG has specifically referenced the need for more quality in CM. For me, a CM in this window and last chance saloon for OW and DI with a striker the priority for next Summer. 

That's my concern. It's not like we have 1 striker that is putting the chances away and the other just can't find form, it's both of our strikers who just aren't playing well for us at the moment.

But, the priority has to be CM if we are to make any more signings.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

That's my concern. It's not like we have 1 striker that is putting the chances away and the other just can't find form, it's both of our strikers who just aren't playing well for us at the moment.

But, the priority has to be CM if we are to make any more signings.

That’s where I am too mate. 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eholm said:

I think we have to be careful here.....because if we don't improve much, we will lose the likes of Kamara.

CM possibly first.....but I do think prolific goalscorers, take pressure off the team.

I still have a slight concern, of how easy the Man U goals were to execute and it was similar in games last season.....I don't want to name, names, but I do think some players are given a "free pass" too easily.

The Shaw/Rashford move was played out so much last season, it seems we don't learn and I could have scored Sancho's tap in, he was left that free.....it seems the danger, is not picked up or read.

• Like 2

All this "1 or 2 injuries and we're back to square one" is ridiculous. 

1 or 2 injuries and we're back to our best team of last season. Take 1 or 2 injuries to our team last year and we're starting Hause at centre back and Young at left back.

We're progressed significantly this window in improving our starting 11, and given us a buffer to fall back to (at worst) our best team last season. Yes, we finished 14th, but there were spells last seasons we played extremely well. Being able to rotate a few players more will help us with consistency and avoid the fatigue that the starting 11 picking itself caused last year.

Another midfielder would be welcome (unless Sanson is going to get game time) as would a striker that hasn't forgotten what a goal looks like,  but without them we're still significantly better off than we were last season. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Being able to rotate a few players more will help us with consistency and avoid the fatigue that the starting 11 picking itself caused last year.

I agree with your post 100%. The question is whether SG will actually rotate or whether certain favourites will be undroppable.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Xela said:

Don't know much about Sangare... would you say he's comparable to Bissouma in terms of style? I think its common knowledge we tried to get Bissouma so that type of player is what the club wants. Does Sangare fit that mould?

24, 6’3” plays CM , Ivory Coast international too,

F5042BD4-E673-4683-A35D-D4AA11C86888.jpeg

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Do you really believe this or just feel like having a whinge ?

Forest have spent about 100 million on new signings, took Lingard on a free, if he performs like he did with Wet Spam, they ain't gonna be messing about.

17 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Forest have spent about 100 million on new signings, took Lingard on a free, if he performs like he did with Wet Spam, they ain't gonna be messing about.

How much did we spend to finish 17th our first year back in the league?

26 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Will be be challenging to finish above Forest next season with no more decent signings, you can forget competing with Arsenal this season.

Cheers, this really gave me a laugh and cheered me up. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Tbf we probably would have laughed at anyone that said we’d be challenging to finish above Brentford. 

Hopefully we'll not have yet another season so bad that we have to sack the manager.