Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

We have two first team full backs plus now a loan player and a 37 year old.

None of the kids are ready yet, we definitely need a right back.

Time for me to leave the thread for a few weeks. We've all gone crazy

We have Cash, Guilbert, Chambers, KKH, Young and Konsa who can play RB.

We have Digne, Augustinsson, Young, Hause, Chrisene and Mings who can play LB.

We have two players for each position and a wealth of backup options who can cover, plus a promising youngster for both sides.

We aren't signing a full back and it's mental to think we need to

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Guilbert or Chambers or Konsa or Kesler as hack up to Cash. Well and truly covered 

Disagree.

Chamber and Konsa are centre backs. 
KKH needs to go on loan to a championship side and do it there - That is my stance on pretty much all youngsters.
Guilbert is ok but has a short contract now.

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Time for me to leave there thread for a few weeks.

We have Cash, Guilbert (1 year deal and just about ok), Chambers (Centre back), KKH (Has played well in the third tier of football), Young (OAP) and Konsa (centre back) who can play RB.

We have Digne, Augustinsson, Young, Hause, Chrisene and Mings who can play LB. - I wasn't suggesting a left back after signing a loan player for the year, but again you have added an OAP, kids who haven't proven it in the championship and centre backs none of which I would want playing half the games if Digne got injured on february first. (Augustinsson doesn't exist in that hypothetical)

We have two players for each position and a wealth of backup options who can cover, plus a promising youngster for both sides.

We aren't signing a full back and it's mental to think we need to

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Disagree.

KKH needs to go on loan to a championship side and do it there - That is my stance on pretty much all youngsters.

Fine, but as far as priorities go, a backup RB is probably bottom of the list, is the point people are trying to make IMO.

Funds aren't unlimited and FFP exists, there are much better ways to spend whatever funds we night have 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

25 Man Squad

Homegrown = *

Think we’re allowed 17/25 none homegrown players. We currently have 15/25

Space for 2/3 more, if we shift some deadwood. I haven’t included the U21s as I think they’re exempt. 

1 Martinez*

2 Cash*

3 Digne

4 Carlos

5 Mings*

6 Kamara

7 McGinn

8 Luiz

9 Buendia

10 Coutinho

11 Watkins*

12 Olsen

13 Guilbert

14 Augustinsson

15 Chambers*

16 Konsa*

17 Nakamba

18 Sanson - SELL/LOAN

19 Young* (he isn’t a CM)

20 Bailey

21 Traore

22 Ings*

23 El Ghazi - SELL

24 Hause* - SELL/LOAN

25 Davis* - SELL

U21 players (Contract and Scholars)

J. Ramsey -  1st Team Sqd 

Archer  - 1st Team Sqd

Philogene-Bidace -  1st Team Sqd

A. Ramsey -  1st Team Sqd / LOAN

Chukwuemeka - SELL

Azaz (LOAN)

Barry (LOAN)

Bogarde

Chrisene (LOAN)

Feeney

Kessler-Hayden (LOAN)

Iroegbunam (LOAN)

Raikhy (LOAN)

Sinisalo (LOAN)

So we could easily accommodate a starting CM, a back up CM, a ST and a CBL, even if they were all non homegrown. Perhaps not all this Summer but it’s doable.

We’d obviously have to get shot of El Ghazi and Sanson to do this though. 

Edited by burchy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Why is Augustinsson for a year OK at Left Back but Guilbert for a year at Right Back isn't?

I also disagree on Young, he won the league at Inter from fullback, he can be third choice for us after finishing 14th.

Not all kids need to rip the Championship up to get a go - especially from 4th choice.

And Chambers was a RB, plus he's 3rd or 4th choice CB now, so has a role in the squad. Same for Konsa.

We don't need one. 

Edited by HalfTimePost

What could you realistically get for Guilbert at this point? He's more valuable to you as bench depth than he is on the transfer market. Makes far more sense to keep him and then let him walk next summer. It's not as if the club spent £25 million on him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If first team and (direct backup) and kid/utility

GK Martinez (Olsen) Marschall

RB Cash (Guilbert) Kesler

CB Carlos (Konsa) Hause

CB Mings (Chambers) Feeney

LB Digne (Augustinsson) Young

CM Kamara (Nakamba) Chukwuemeka

CM McGinn (Luiz) Iroegbunam

CM Ramsey (Sanson) A. Ramsey

AM Buendia (Traore) Philogene-Bidace

AM Coutinho (Bailey) El Ghazi

ST Watkins (Ings) Archer

In my opinion, we still look like we need another senior option in central midfield as none of those four are consistent and we need two of them to be in form at any one time. Defensively, we seem ok as long as we're prepared to drop underperforming players sometimes... Naming no names... TM. Attacking wise there are questions over Bailey and, more so, Traore. Up front we do seem a little short, especially if Archer isn't deemed ready. Some talented kids help pad the squad out further.

Personally I'd be looking for that elusive midfield engine who can tackle (fairly McGinn!) and create and then a striker.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, paul514 said:

Disagree.

But bringing in another RB just blocks the path for KKH.  Cash is first choice, Guilbert as backup and then others who can cover… AND we could still loan out KKH.

Bringing in another body there would be madness. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, maqroll said:

Is winning the League Cup a backdoor into Europe?

If so, we should go all out to win it.

It’s a front door to Europe technically. Finishing 7th and hoping the winners of the FA Cup and League Cup are in the top 6 is the back door.

5 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

CM Kamara (Nakamba) Chukwuemeka - He’ll be sold

CM McGinn (Luiz) Iroegbunam

CM Ramsey (Sanson) A. Ramsey

AM Buendia (Traore) Philogene-Bidace

AM Coutinho (Bailey) El Ghazi

Disagree on where players are placed as IrnBru is a CDM and A. Ramsey is a CAM but the above points to us being short at CM as Tim will most likely go on loan and Sanson is not fancied. Having a player than can do both the 6 and 8 role would suit us. Ideally I’d like a CM to push McGinn Luiz as a starter and a 6/8 hybrid to cover, wishful thinking on my part though.

I’d also like some more CAM cover as Anwar will be sold, JPB will most likely go on loan and Traore, although gifted, isn’t consistent enough, but that’s me being greedy.

We have one of the most clinical finishers in the league with Ings. Yes he missed some one on ones last season but show me any striker that takes every single big chance they get.  Even Mo Salah misses loads!

We’ll be struggling to find a better striker than Ings this summer.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We’ll be struggling to find a better striker than Ings this summer

I kind of agree but I don’t think it’s Ings that’s the issue per se. It’s Watkins. Ings is not getting any younger and at this stage I’d say behind Watkins. If Watkins was more clinical then we wouldn’t be having this debate. 

What we need is a Star Trek transporter malfunction where Watkins and Ings are combined. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Why is Augustinsson for a year OK at Left Back but Guilbert for a year at Right Back isn't?

I also disagree on Young, he won the league at Inter from fullback, he can be third choice for us after finishing 14th.

Not all kids need to rip the Championship up to get a go - especially from 4th choice.

And Chambers was a RB, plus he's 3rd or 4th choice CB now, so has a role in the squad. Same for Konsa.

We don't need one. 

Augustinsson is a better more experienced player. He's got nearly 50 caps for Sweden, he's CL and EL experience. He will add to the group even if he's not playing. 

Guilbert has a market value to us we can sell him and bank some profit for the balance sheet. We also have Ashley Young who can play Right Back and we have our most durable player in Cash for the position too. We also have Chambers has lots of Prem experience at Right Back so is certainly comfortable in that position. 

So on the balance we need no RB but we needed a LB.