Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

10 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Judging by previous business, we are only linked very close to completion. Those players where rumours carry on for weeks or months don't sign. I think it's unlikely we will sign either based on that. 

Think I only heard about Laimer a couple of days ago. Otavio has been rumbling on for a while, admittedly.

1 minute ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I have been told to watch the sangare situation over the next week as i have  heard from a certain football agent that he preferred a man utd move but they have moved on , and chelsea have dropped interest suddenly.

He desperately wants to play in the premier league this season and his representatives have spoken to aston villa and are due to speak to newcastle reps over the next 7 days.

I cant see it myself but it was nice hearing him being solidly linked.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886kd1hajmjef2b5iupk3

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

I don't see any vendettas. Some people just don't rate him as high as others. Nothing wrong with that.

I personally think he's a decent but limited player who isn't good enough to be a starter at Villa but more than happy to keep him around.
If a decent offer came in for him, I would wish him well and send him on his way. That's it. I think most fans who are critical of him think this way, but I could be wrong.

I'm not even sure that I wouldn't be happy with him starting - at least in a good proportion of matches (although I think JJ will take his "starting" position pretty soon).  My issue is that McGinn is currently our "main man" in the middle of the pitch and barely ever gets substituted / dropped - even when he is in poor form / knackered / not having a good game.  If we truly want to finish top half let alone challenge for Europe then McGinn needs to be (at best) the third name on the team sheet in the middle of the park not the first.  Put in two stronger defensive players and I think we will see a better McGinn - especially if he is swapping with JJ and so playing fewer minutes and hence can do his thing for 55 (or 35) minutes rather than trying to do it for 90.  He's a decent midfielder who has been a massive part of our return from the disaster that has been the last 10 years and probably one of the best value signings we have ever made (at least in recent memory).  But he's also limited in both defence and attack.  I think I would be tempted to sell if we got a decent offer (and my idea of a decent offer is probably lower than many others on here) but I'd prefer him to stay and fight for his place.  I would be very happy if we are 2-0 up against Man City with 30 minutes to go and see a pumped John McGinn warming up to come on and get stuck in.

(Sorry messed up adding in multiple quotes!  And forgot to say that I agree 100% with the bit in bold.)

Edited by allani

18 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I have been told to watch the sangare situation over the next week as i have  heard from a certain football agent that he preferred a man utd move but they have moved on , and chelsea have dropped interest suddenly.

He desperately wants to play in the premier league this season and his representatives have spoken to aston villa and are due to speak to newcastle reps over the next 7 days.

Have you had information in the past that’s turned out to be correct? Just genuinely interested. 👍

20 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Have you had information in the past that’s turned out to be correct? Just genuinely interested. 👍

I assume that you mean has he had information from this agent previously that has turned out to be correct?  Although it is hard to fathom whether the agent has given any information other than that Sangare is likely to sign for a PL team soon but probably not one of the Sly 6.  The "have spoken to" is very ambiguous and could mean pretty much anything.

So that's Augustinsson in who I've wanted Villa to sign for 7 years and Kamara who I wanted us to sign for 2 years.

Does this mean that Jonathan David is next? I've been hoping we'd sign him for 2 years as well :D 

Edited by sne
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I definitely read it as a total cost of €4.5m if we sign him. No way we're paying that to loan him for a year.

Yeah seems the way Fabrizio said it in the video over the players thread means it's 4.5m option all in to buy in summer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah seems the way Fabrizio said it in the video over the players thread means it's 4.5m option all in to buy in summer.

To be fair, it wasn't very clearly worded, although substantially better than anything I could manage in a second language.  As you said, even at 72k a week it isn't extortionate for an international full back who plays for a reasonably decent team. So if it does turn out to be an option to buy for that price it's great news and we've replaced Targett for around 9 Mill less than we sold him for. 

Edited by MrBlack

37 minutes ago, allani said:

I assume that you mean has he had information from this agent previously that has turned out to be correct?  Although it is hard to fathom whether the agent has given any information other than that Sangare is likely to sign for a PL team soon but probably not one of the Sly 6.  The "have spoken to" is very ambiguous and could mean pretty much anything.

I’m sure if he needs any clarification on the question then he’ll ask. 👍

I think the Villa media media team were a bit quick to release the news regarding Ludwig without checking first. However, guys, it looks like we are about to sign someone new on loan. Can I just check that EVERYONE is happy with the wages being paid? I know a lot of people worry about the financials, so just want to be sure that fans are ok with this deal and not worried about us becoming super poor… 

Edited by Tayls
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, david-avfc said:

Crazy how some fans have such a vendetta against him for some reason

No vendetta just see him surplus to requirements if we get in a new midfielder, he'd be down the pecking order, think we should cash in whilst stock is high