Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

We averaged 6th in the premier league for masses of the season before last. We also had a points tally at the end which would get you 7th or 8th most seasons. Weve added about 8 top, expensive players since then. We cant just keep buying, we actually need to use the players we have, well.

Yes completely this, ripping it up at first opportunity is not the answer. We also dont have an old squad so no excuse that its aging to buy a lot of players. Sanson, Guilbert, Konsa, McGinn, Traore etc could be worked with on the training ground to improve what the manager wants as talent is there

Did Brighton/Palace or even Wolves have a better squad than us yet finished above us

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Tayls said:

None of these either would, could, or should happen. 

I mean, we should avoid Suarez, I agree. But why couldn't we sign any of them? Why wouldn't they come to Villa?

8 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

That he was looking to further strengthen in midfield, so you need to start issuing apologies

Got the actual quote? I’ve seemingly missed that… 

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I mean, we should avoid Suarez, I agree. But why couldn't we sign any of them? Why wouldn't they come to Villa?

Ward-Prowse wouldn’t leave Southampton for us. Gallagher would be far too expensive for us, and I believe he wants to remain in London, from crap I have read on the internet. 

15 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Got the actual quote? I’ve seemingly missed that… 

"He’s a ball-player, a footballer. He’s got a tremendous range in his passing and, for someone so young at 22, he comes with real big experience at Marseille. It was tough for him to leave because he’s got a lot of respect for Marseille. He’s recently become a French international which tells you of the calibre of player we’re dealing with here. He’ll need time to settle in and, again, he’ll strengthen our central midfield positions whether that’s a No.6 or an eight. He can help us in both positions. It’s still an area we’re looking to strengthen again and we want to challenge the lads that have done well for us in the last six months since we’ve been here."

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

No problem. Great news about us not being done in the market though, eh?

Well, we’ll see. Time will tell I’m sure. Fingers crossed though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

E492B362-05B7-46D7-B592-E6EE3062A142.thumb.jpeg.d78cf381ba228b2a22649f428000b09f.jpeg

I hope this guy is accurate what he's talking about as this is exactly what we need right now…someone said earlier there happy to go with the current midfield like you have to be delusional or simply satisfied with a non ambitious bottom half finish because we are nowhere near strong enough in that area, i’m more than happy to wait for the right one of course.

I want both mcginn and ramsey to be turn up in training and say oh oh our spot is definitely under threat thats the type of player we need to bring in ( A BEAST) they will then have no choice but to turn into monsters.

It doesn’t look like either Ings or watkins are going anywhere, bailey,buendia, coutinho can all play as wide men so no need to sign any wingers 

Edited by RicRic

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Yes completely this, ripping it up at first opportunity is not the answer. We also dont have an old squad so no excuse that its aging to buy a lot of players. Sanson, Guilbert, Konsa, McGinn, Traore etc could be worked with on the training ground to improve what the manager wants as talent is there

Did Brighton/Palace or even Wolves have a better squad than us yet finished above us

Traore and mcginn have hit their ceiling , there will be no major differences we’ve seen more than enough, perhaps sanson could do with a 6 game run to see what he could do

Edited by RicRic
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Must mean Sanson out the door surely?

I've just asked Shirley in Accounts next door and she doesn't know, sorry. 

Dreadful joke aside--yes, I would have thought Sanson will leave soon.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5
  • Haha 1