Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Just now, VillaFaninLondon said:

Not enough for us to make significant strides. Midtable again, we may be lucky to finish 10th. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I will be.

La Liga team of the season CB, the worlds 3rd most expensive player and a full French international DM. 

iTs JusT NOt EnoUgh Mum.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Martinez

Cash   Carlos   Mings   Digne

Kamara

McGinn      Ramsey

Buendia   Watkins   Coutinho

Would like to see a possible rotation/replacement for SJM at CM but other than that I am delighted with our first 11 thanks. 

Off the bench we have countless options. 

We DON'T need an upgrade at striker, nor are there any available that would come to us that would materially be an upgrade on Watkins or Ings. 

That's always the excuse.

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We've signed 5 players

The moaning is boring 

I agree. loads of time still.

Then again 3 of those players where already here in the team that finished 14th and 2 of them will likely not feature much if anything in the league.

Do feel that the teams we are trying to catch will be at least as good as last season if not better in most cases. Europe doesn't feel realistic IMO with what we have currently. I fine with things taking time but also think we'll have another rebuild in 2 seasons or so due to age so do we push on or do we tread water until the kids are alright?

I have us at 2 or 3 starting 11 players away from seriously competing for a European spot through league places. I suspect both us and the teams ahead of us will strengthen in the coming month so long way to go until we have to plop down our teams for Fantasy Football.

I don't understand why people get so b*tchy on this forum, it's as if you say something even moderately controversial (which complaining about lack of activity really isn't) then you get called out for it.

If next season we are competing for Europe with the current squad and we have a successful season I will hold my hands up and admit I was wrong, but I think deep down everyone knows that will not be the case and we will be midtable again. It's not attacking the club to say they have to do more to bridge that gap.

What will really anger me is if Luiz is sold and we don't sign a quality replacement because that will really not be on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tayls said:

We are definitely nearly done. We might get one more through the door but that will be all. Finances are obviously being tightened a tiny bit in terms of transfer fees. I mean, £50-60 million so far isn’t to be sniffed at, and if we do get one more, let’s say that’s £80million. Not bad is it? 

Ashley Young signing for another season, whilst I love him, it’s not exactly representative of the super progressive/aggressive new style of play we were all hoping for with some ‘big’ name players in their prime, or close to it. 

For me it’s simple, the mega money just isn’t there. 

I'm reliably informed by "financial wizkids" that we can spend more this summer. I don't know the ins and outs but they do, and they say we can so I believe them. Now if you add very ambitious multibillionaire owners who have got richer recently into that mix, it points to increase investment.

Mainly because a) they can b) they should c) they need to in order to compete for the places they want us to. d) Gerrard is a new manager that needs proper backing.  It wont be limitless but if he fails he will lose his job and somebody else will get the funding. But the funding wont stop.

These guys are very serious about challenging for the top 6 and soon, and certainly top 8 next season. There's not much chance of that without further significant investment and they know it.

I think the reason people are appearing unhappy despite us making good signings is the fact this season teams are going to have 5 subs. I think our starting 11 is strong and striking options are good but outside of that the quality from our starting 11 massively drops off. 

17 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

This isn’t me claiming to be ITK or anything but for what it’s worth, where I work I speak to a couple of the agents when we cross paths. They did say last week that Villa will push on with business from about 2 weeks from then, they couldn’t give me names or anything but they have said some of the deals we want are going to take a bit of time. 

There that’s all the info I can get I’m afraid 😂, let’s just be a bit patient and see what happens. Preseason is here to distract us a little bit.

Who’s the agents? Maybe we can work out who are the targets from their rosters 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Yes I do because our current squad will be lucky to finish top 10 and will be nowhere near challenging for Europe.

You really think a couple more players will bridge that gap ?

We signed 2 additional players to make an impact at first team level.  Most of our players are international or borderline international.

Top 10 imo should be achievable with what we have. 

Beyond that it's the law of diminishing returns - you would have to spend massively more to get top 6 let alone top 4.

Let's not forget before NSWE we were an absolute basket case of a club - top 10 is fine with me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Some of the posts in here are frankly embarrasing.

We havent bought anyone for three weeks so we must be done.........players have been on holiday and so have managers.

Gerrard wanted the deals done before we went to Australia so lets wait and see shall we.

It's been said on record as well that some of the deals will happen later into the summer. I don't know if we have all been spoilt by the last few years or so but most of the players we want are going to take time to thrash out the deal. Also teams need to have time to find a replacement for the player we want so may hold up the deal, so i'd imagine there's a lot going on in the background and we'll get something soon.

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Who’s the agents? Maybe we can work out who are the targets from their rosters 

TMUS group or something along those lines, I don't know if they are a newer agency or not. They tend to have a lot of u21 players come in to see them and a few directors of clubs. Who knows lol, I don't want to get anyones hopes up here just relaying what i've been told. If it helps he did say they have met with Purslow and co for lunches before the season ended

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sne said:

I agree. loads of time still.

Then again 3 of those players where already here in the team that finished 14th and 2 of them will likely not feature much if anything in the league.

Do feel that the teams we are trying to catch will be at least as good as last season if not better in most cases. Europe doesn't feel realistic IMO with what we have currently. I fine with things taking time but also think we'll have another rebuild in 2 seasons or so due to age so do we push on or do we tread water until the kids are alright?

I have us at 2 or 3 starting 11 players away from seriously competing for a European spot through league places. I suspect both us and the teams ahead of us will strengthen in the coming month so long way to go until we have to plop down our teams for Fantasy Football.

I think we should be 2 or 3 places up the league in management alone, the squad is there, strikers in particular, Gerrard has to make them 2 work, we have top 10 strikers options he has to give them the confidence and training to get them firing

add to that, again striker in particular, he now needs to get the squad together and have a good look at it, see who has come back fit, see who has come back better, i know he said he wants to do his shopping before oz but i think he needs a month to assess his options and see what's already there, Archer jumps out at me so does KKH

then we can go shopping again, replace who we can sell, the 3 england U19 boys wont be ready, sanson and luiz create a problem because im not sure we will shift them easily, next summer and the next couple of summers isn't so much a rebuild its integration 

I think we're a new CM and a fully fit motivated well managed team away from top 10 personally, at some point Gerrard has to do his job! that could be the difference this summer

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Two of them are new (Kamara and Carlos). Three were here last season (one from the start and two from January). 

January windows is considered part of the Summer window for us. If we can get a player in in Jan then all the better.

We've signed 6 new players under Gerrard and all are good signings. Two more and we'll be in a reall good place. 

31 minutes ago, Tayls said:

We are definitely nearly done. We might get one more through the door but that will be all. Finances are obviously being tightened a tiny bit in terms of transfer fees. I mean, £50-60 million so far isn’t to be sniffed at, and if we do get one more, let’s say that’s £80million. Not bad is it? 

Ashley Young signing for another season, whilst I love him, it’s not exactly representative of the super progressive/aggressive new style of play we were all hoping for with some ‘big’ name players in their prime, or close to it. 

For me it’s simple, the mega money just isn’t there. 

gerrard wouldnt have come if he wasnt going to be heavily backed

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

I think we should be 2 or 3 places up the league in management alone, the squad is there, strikers in particular, Gerrard has to make them 2 work, we have top 10 strikers options he has to give them the confidence and training to get them firing

add to that, again striker in particular, he now needs to get the squad together and have a good look at it, see who has come back fit, see who has come back better, i know he said he wants to do his shopping before oz but i think he needs a month to assess his options and see what's already there, Archer jumps out at me so does KKH

then we can go shopping again, replace who we can sell, the 3 england U19 boys wont be ready, sanson and luiz create a problem because im not sure we will shift them easily, next summer and the next couple of summers isn't so much a rebuild its integration 

I think we're a new CM and a fully fit motivated well managed team away from top 10 personally, at some point Gerrard has to do his job! that could be the difference this summer

Yeah I agree. I factor the manager in when speculating about where we are. Would be delighted if he's also taken a leap in development along with the squad. 

We are not going to be able to just spend our way past most of our competition on the top half. We need to coach our way past them as well. It's a big job and hopefully we have the right guys.

• Like 1