Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

If this was even remotely true. There would be all the hype for Conner Gallagher and the punch line would be Loftus Cheek

I know I shouldn’t encourage him, but who played on loan at Fulham, WBA or Sheffield Utd in the 20/21 season who we might be interested in for our midfield?

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

I know I shouldn’t encourage him, but who played on loan at Fulham, WBA or Sheffield Utd in the 20/21 season who we might be interested in for our midfield?

Gallagher or RLC.

But I think the kids on the wind up over the last couple of days.

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Ethan Ampadu :crylaugh:

• Sad 1

RLC is probably more likely IMO.  Chelsea would likely want to keep Gallagher as he is younger, whereas RLC is 26 and probably the right time to sell him from their perspective.  Depends how much they would want for him.

Just hearing the name I was not overly enamoured by the idea of signing RLC.

But i looked into it and had no idea he played so much for Chelsea last season.  If he's played nearly half a seasons worth of games for a team that finished 3rd, I'd be inclined to say he's good enough for us. 

His stats seem pretty good for progression and seems to be the kind of 8 we're looking for. Decent aerial ability to. Consider me on board. 

Just now, MrBlack said:

But i looked into it and had no idea he played so much for Chelsea last season.  If he's played nearly half a seasons worth of games for a team that finished 3rd, I'd be inclined to say he's good enough for us. 

His stats seem pretty good for progression and seems to be the kind of 8 we're looking for. Decent aerial ability to. Consider me on board. 

Some highlights from the season just finished.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

You forget Traore…

spacer.png

Like I said, I’m not against more signings so long as they are genuine enhancements but we have players we have yet to get the best out of. Bailey, as you mentioned, is just one of them. And yes, it’s certainly a squad game which is one of the reasons I’m not desperate to get rid and write off some of our players… we can be too hasty in that regard and possibly lack empathy or understanding at times. Everyone wants a quick fix these days… players are only human.

No one passes the ball as well as Buendia imo, killer through balls that are perfectly weighted… our CFs need to be better, he can get so many  assists…

Coutinho is a better goalscorer, Buendia a better assister. Imo of course.

For me, midfield is the priority. But I’m totally not against improving the side elsewhere… we can’t just keep spending either though… nor end up with a bloated squad on massive wages… there’s isn’t a bottomless pit of money. Not that your are saying that, just something worth reiterating. 

Hopefully a few sales will help boost any further activity…

Obviously, I want us to be as strong as possible. Balance is the key word for our side, we haven’t had it for far too long.

My point was Otavio offers us options in 3 or 4 different positions. Which is why he'd be a smart signing.

Traore hasn't been forgotten, I'm just not convinced. I also mentioned him in my earlier post.

Otavio would still be an improvement on both JJ and Mcginn, regardless.

5 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

He’s a quality player just very injury prone. 

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah RLC is a good player, and has some size to him, but is he over his injury problems, and would he be worth 35 mill?

Not so sure.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1