Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

What happened to tapping players up, or not being allowed to. That used to be a thing.

Now you constantly read about contracts being agreed before bids have even gone in. FIFA have already let it slip but they've got to figure out a way to get some power back to the clubs.

What'll probably happen in reality is the FIFA World Super League will launch when the streaming battles really start and they'll have a wage cap in that.

12 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

What happened to tapping players up, or not being allowed to. That used to be a thing.

Now you constantly read about contracts being agreed before bids have even gone in. FIFA have already let it slip but they've got to figure out a way to get some power back to the clubs.

What'll probably happen in reality is the FIFA World Super League will launch when the streaming battles really start and they'll have a wage cap in that.

Liverpool got away with tapping up Van Dijk. So since then tapping up is approved 

3 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Luiz to Roma like i said ages ago has major legs today

Yeah being reported that his agent has met with them. If we could get a respectable fee (given he’s in last year of contract), I think it would be a good move all round.

20 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

I don’t think we’ll get him but in our system the CM’s play like lb/rb’s. In addition he’s a fantastic passer. He’s exactly the CM we need. Perfect system fit.

I wouldn't say a midfielder having to cover the space left by an attacking full back means they play like full backs.
But yes, being mobile and positionally aware makes a big difference.

To my mind, if our full backs are pushing on (and they will be) then Kamara drops back to form a 3 with the centre halves, in which case the two 8s need to link up with the full backs and the 10s push up to support the striker. So in that respect, I think we need an 8 who is mobile enough to cover the breakdown / opposition counterattack (should it happen) and savvy enough to support the attack too. The alternative is we get in somebody like Sangare to massively shore up CDM and play a diamond with full backs bombing on to support it.

Its a bit of a tweak to how we were last season but that's OK. Or we could switch between both...

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Yeah being reported that his agent has met with them. If we could get a respectable fee (given he’s in last year of contract), I think it would be a good move all round.

Shame. I was hoping we could see him a bit more in his natural position, but I understand.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Shame. I was hoping we could see him a bit more in his natural position, but I understand.

Agreed.

He was played in defensive midfield (not his natural position) because of necessity and unfairly criticised. He’s a much, much better player when utilised in a more advanced position. 

Was hoping he would sign a new contract, however that’s looking increasingly unlikely. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

I mean...  There was a photo of Stewart Downing with Andy Caroll on holiday together holding a Liverpool scarf in a bar a month before he signed for them.  It's been going on forever... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Don't see the issue with it myself. A recruiter/company is free to contact you and ask you to join such and such a company, tell you of the benefits, give you a rough estimate of what you'll earn. You already have a contract with your current employer. Why should it be any different in football? Just because they are a higher valued asset (in monetary terms) than you or I?

3 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Don't see the issue with it myself. A recruiter/company is free to contact you and ask you to join such and such a company, tell you of the benefits, give you a rough estimate of what you'll earn. You already have a contract with your current employer. Why should it be any different in football? Just because they are a higher valued asset (in monetary terms) than you or I?

Speak for yourself, I believe I am a very high valued asset, my mom told me so!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I don't think Dougie was as shit of a DM as VillaTalk would have you believe...  He's going to turn into a star under Mourinho at Roma.  

He'd do well at any Serie A club. Prem is a different beast.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I don't think Dougie was as shit of a DM as VillaTalk would have you believe...  He's going to turn into a star under Mourinho at Roma.  

Thing is, even Dougie himself seems to think he's a shit DM |( Respectively to an 8 ), yet we still have people trying to drive this narrative.

Yes, he very much could be a star at Roma, in a totally different League, pace and team.

Still doesn't mean he is, or was ever suited to being a top DM in the Premier League.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

7 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I mean...  There was a photo of Stewart Downing with Andy Caroll on holiday together holding a Liverpool scarf in a bar a month before he signed for them.  It's been going on forever... 

pretty sure Downing said the current Villa manager was encouraging him to move as well

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah I saw that on FB earlier.

Apparently his reps are in Rome to " thrash out " a deal.

The lengths agents will go to these days.... 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

He'd do well at any Serie A club. Prem is a different beast.

some players struggle in Italy but not in England as well. Joao Cancelo was poor in his time in Italy and is now an elite Premier League player

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Speak for yourself. I'm on £400k a week.

I think some power needs to go back to clubs or it'll only accelerate the end of football when streaming money becomes a huge issue. Too much money leaving the game to agents. Don't particularly mind the mental wages for the best players in the world.  They can do things no one else can.

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's mistaken if he thinks he'll get a bigger salary than Villa.

Villa are mistaken if they think they're getting £25m.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Here is a photograph of one of them doing just that :):

image.jpeg.deefc6624b3a7780548004191ffd27d6.jpeg