Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I don't believe that for a second, would be an awful signing and would be 4th choice CB at best.

I know it’s a fake account that has said we’re in talks but no way he’s anywhere close to Chambers, Mings, Konsa or Carlos

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Not sure he’s that bad player as such but I wouldn’t want him after the Wesley tackle.

He did it to somebody else as well but aside from that I just don’t think he’s very good at this level, that’s what I’m basing my view on.  Just watching him when Burnley played I just didn’t rate him in many aspects of his game.  He’s close to being 33, he’s not as good as the four CB’s we have so I’m not sure this has legs.

4 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I don't believe that for a second, would be an awful signing and would be 4th choice CB at best.

He’s being signed solely to be put in a cage with Wesley. Only one man will make it out alive.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Nothing on the real Gregg Evans account though.

Is that genuine VillaReport account, it hasn’t come up on my Twitter feed and looking at the account I can’t see it?

just checked it, pretty sure that is the fake VillaReport account

Read his other tweets they are all parody tweets, it’s a joke account and not the real Villareport 

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

Sometimes younger players are less in need of a loan than older youngsters,  as they've got more time to develop and can still play for the U23s, also as I quite clearly stated Barry, Caleb, Young or whoever would be used in cup games, they wouldn't have the exact same role that Archer would have if he stayed with the first team, as they're U23 players, whereas Archer shouldn't really be thought of in that way anymore, he turns twenty-one next season.

I would also suggest there's not as big of a gap between Archer and some of our other attackers that some seem to think, in fact I think it's probable that the club see some of our other academy attackers as having more potential.

Those three need loans. They are nowhere near Archer's level.

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Is that genuine VillaReport account, it hasn’t come up on my Twitter feed and looking at the account I can’t see it?

just checked it, pretty sure that is the fake VillaReport account

Read his other tweets they are all parody tweets, it’s a joke account and not the real Villareport 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886wi13g3bglh6fs1taq3

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, nick76 said:

He did it to somebody else as well but aside from that I just don’t think he’s very good at this level, that’s what I’m basing my view on.  Just watching him when Burnley played I just didn’t rate him in many aspects of his game.  He’s close to being 33, he’s not as good as the four CB’s we have so I’m not sure this has legs.

If I had enough money I would sign him.  Then send him to an island off Iceland to do some training on his own.  Preferably an island without any form of transportation or electricity.  Might forget to pick him up again for a couple of seasons.

Edited by allani
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

The only CB i'd take from Burnley is Collins.

https://www.buzz.ie/sport/nathan-collins-premier-league-monitored-27262011

According to talkSPORT, Kompany faces a fight to keep hold of Collins next term as the 21-year-old defender is being monitored by no fewer than three Premier League sides.

The report states that Leeds, Aston Villa and Wolves are all keeping tabs on Collins, whose stock rose even further after his wonder goal against Ukraine midweek.

First time I've seen him linked, would love him here. 

He could also finally be our elusive 6 foot 4 defensive midfield destroyer that this site has been so desperate for. 

https://www.the42.ie/nathan-collins-6-5791345-Jun2022/?utm_source=shortlink

People look at me and see I’m tall and assume I am slow and unagile. That’s the perspective from the outside but I am comfortable in midfield. If someone asked me to play midfield and do a job I’d do my best. Once I am on the pitch I don’t really care. Put me anywhere and I’ll do a job. I am comfortable anywhere. I have done it for Stoke, I even played right wing-back for Stoke. I played every position, I am comfortable in every position.”

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CVByrne said:

It feels like this window the Big 6 are blowing everyone out of the water and we'll see a proper gap form next season between them and the rest.

Not seeing that. There's Núñez to 'Pool and Haaland to 'Citeh, but I don't see much in the way of other done blockbuster deals with Man U, Chelsea, Arse or Tottenham. Maybe stuff I'm missing?  My United friend despairs over MU's prospects this summer. The levels of panic on United forums make a Villa transfer thread look like the picture of confident serenity.   

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Not seeing that. There's Núñez to 'Pool and Haaland to 'Citeh, but I don't see much in the way of other done blockbuster deals with Man U, Chelsea, Arse or Tottenham. Maybe stuff I'm missing?  My United friend despairs over MU's prospects this summer. The levels of panic on United forums make a Villa transfer thread look like the picture of confident serenity.   

Jesus to Arsenal Would be a great signing. 

• Like 1