Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

I like Watkins, but Jonathan David is a much better all round player in terms of skill, control, and so on, whether he'd score much more than Watkins though I'm not sure, another plus he has is that he's very versatile, can play upfront, wide, or as an attacking midfielder.

Sanches from what I've seen seems ideal to challenge Jacob Ramsey and McGinn, but I'm sure I read that he's very injury prone, otherwise would probably already be at one of the big clubs.

1 hour ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Fair enough apologies. Do those goals not count then? He’s only 24. I find it wild you'd consider Ollie a better player. Rashford from 19-23 had 4 seasons with 20+ goal contributions. 2 with 30+. 

At no point did I say Watkins was a better player, just pointing out he has got to double figures in his first 2 PL seasons and a lot of fans don’t think he’s good enough. 

I was originally responding to someone who suggested when Rashford was back on it he would score more than Jesus. 

I rate Rashford.

OK he had an awful season at Utd but then so did the majority of their squad and I would absolutely love to see him fully fit, focused and scoring goals for fun in a Villa shirt. 

Unfortunately I can’t see this one happening. 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would anyone take Werner?

Yes but they wouldn't sell him for what I think we'd pay.

He's had a rotten time, but could do with a shine before the world cup. He can be their lead forward if he scores 12 before Christmas.

Maybe a loan with set fee at the end could benefit both of us. Or no one if he's **** crap for us :lol:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Yes but they wouldn't sell him for what I think we'd pay.

He's had a rotten time, but could do with a shine before the world cup. He can be their lead forward if he scores 12 before Christmas.

Maybe a loan with set fee at the end could benefit both of us. Or no one if he's **** crap for us :lol:

I think you’d get him for £50m perhaps?

We’d definitely have to move one of Watkins or Ings on in that case though. 

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I wouldn't. He's coming off a poor season(in general, not just by Chelsea standards), after another season where he's underwhelmed. Surely there's better options out there than him.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I think you’d get him for £50m perhaps?

We’d definitely have to move one of Watkins or Ings on in that case though. 

Yeah see, that's far too much of a gamble IMO. He has been properly poor in the PL, and that's for Chelsea.

They're already having to eat shit over Lukaku this summer and are likely taking a massive loss there. Don't think they'll be keen to lose Werner at a loss as well.

His wages are probably nearly double anyone at Villa as well. 

We'd have to sell it to him as come and get that Germany #1 striker spot. Wouldn't want to pay more than £25m this summer. But £50m could look a bargain after a great season and maybe world cup.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Probably be big money coming from them but you can see a player there , been a tough time for him and in need of a boost , gerrimin

23 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

I rate Rashford.

OK he had an awful season at Utd but then so did the majority of their squad and I would absolutely love to see him fully fit, focused and scoring goals for fun in a Villa shirt. 

Unfortunately I can’t see this one happening. 

Good. Vastly overrated player whom Utd would be glad to get rid of. Wouldn’t want any current Man U player.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Not sold on David for some reason. Don't think he'd be worth the £50m it would cost.

How many would Watkins score in Ligue 1? David has 28 in 75 games. Don't think he'd be too far off that.

I’m not convinced on him either especially for that massive figure