Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

40 minutes ago, useless said:

Jonathan David has l'air d'inévitabilité about it.

Hoping for this one as it should make it easier to find Villa merch in Canada.

(Oh, and he's been really good whenever I've watched him)

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Shame the Turkish clubs will struggle to buy any players from European clubs as the Turkish Currency is collapsing so everything costs their clubs over double what it would last summer. Takes out a player in market for Trez

Turkish businesses with international dealings have been operating in Euro and USD for years. They likely pay their Turkish non-playing and ancillary staff in Lira but it really shouldn't be a major concern. Plus a bit of corruption here and there can always force deals through.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Isn't this exactly the issue though? We'd have to pay someone in a role that isn't their natural role.

He's a very good player but we already have Ramsey. And we also have Carney and Middle Ramsey. We have enough young CM/CAMs to blood without buying another.

I'd love to have Gallagher - he may wind up better than Ramsey but I don't think there's room for them both. A good player, would improve us, I'd like to have him. But just not the right fit at the moment. 

I agree ...and that's what I had been saying in my other posts.

We can't fit him in with the current lineup we have and the formation we play. There are areas we need to strengthen depth and future proof ourselves for.... the number 8 isn't one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

Wouldn't be surprised if a left back happens quite soon given the Targett news.

Yeah, I agree.  We wouldn't have signed another while target was on the books

20 hours ago, MaVilla said:

watkins in a 10 role?

Are u feeling ok brother?

It wasnt the 10 role per say but i was unable to make the shift on screen he would be playing just wide to the striker up top 

Edited by RicRic

21 hours ago, RicRic said:

Milner rejected a one year deal with us… please i hope that isn’t true and our club isn’t embarrassing us because i have no idea why we would even be in a situation where 97 year old james milner does not want to go to aston villa … i hope bloody not 

@Sid_cowans21 @gwi1890 @MrBlack you all appear to be confused but what i meant to say was a 37 yr old should not be put in the spotlight for rejecting to sign with us because we simply should not be interested in him whatsoever! … we need to be after prime time players that are ready to ball… there should no be confusion with that and if they is you need to check your ambitions with the club.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, RicRic said:

@Sid_cowans21 @gwi1890 @MrBlack you all appear to be confused but what i meant to say was a 37 yr old should not be put in the spotlight for rejecting to sign with us because we simply should not be interested in him whatsoever! … we need to be after prime time players that are ready to ball… there should no be confusion with that and if they is you need to check your ambitions with the club.

And I still suggest he would be a better utility option than Young, who may not re-sign for us.

Milner is a great example to the youth, able to cover many positions, wouldn't hinder the long term opportunities of the youth due to his age, and he is good enough in that role for the team that finished second in the league, who offered him a new contract this year when he was otherwise a free agent.  So I still disagree with your sentiment. 

Edited by MrBlack

5 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Oh he’s back to 37 now this morning he was 60 years older. Therefore I am still confused 😕 .