Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Fabrizio Romano saying Jesus expected to leave Man City etc etc. But he's stopping short of saying Arsenal. Just 'Premier League clubs' expected to bid soon.

Fab's probably just being safe as it's not ready to tap in from a yard out yet but wonder if we could still convince him. 

Dougie, Coutinho and Carlos all here plus Martinez and Buendia is quite the South American contingent. He'd be a very good addition to our squad

I want him to go on loan somewhere, so that when he goes back to Manchester it will be the second coming of I'll get my coat.

• Like 1

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

When was the first coming of I'll get my coat? 

Well I kind of bailed out of the joke even before I'd written it. No time for punctuation.

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I actually agree. The problem is, I think both McGinn and Ramsey would both like to play a little further forward. Maybe even in one of the ‘10’ positions. It leaves us so unbalanced because whoever is playing as the ‘6’ is left exposed. 

We need to get the balance right in there. If Bissouma and Phillips are off the cards, I don’t know who they’re going to bring in. I think Kamara will be a good addition but he’s a 22yr old in a new league. We can’t go into the season expecting him to just solve all of our issues. He has to have someone in there with him who is happy to help defensively and drop deeper to get the ball. McGinn in particular is awful at that and Ramsey wants to pick up the ball further up the pitch. 

They have to sort this out. 

I think we need to have some faith.

There are ALOT more quality players available worldwide, aside from the routine names banging around forums and news cycles.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Le Fee now linked with £15m move to Rennes. Would be a smart pick-up if other targets in doubt.

Excited to see who we go for in that midfield position.

His Whoscored makes him sound like our ex captain. Likes to dribble, fouled often

Weaknesses: Shooting, 😂😂

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Le Fee now linked with £15m move to Rennes. Would be a smart pick-up if other targets in doubt.

Excited to see who we go for in that midfield position.

dude is 1.7m.

unit.

I wonder if Corentin Tolisso could be possible at all. He's leaving Bayern on a free and I've not really seen him linked to anywhere yet, but he seems the kind of player that could be an ideal fit were he interested. Very much an 8 but has played as a DM at times previously too, also a good range of passing and comfortable taking the ball from deep so would offer the balance that McGinn/Ramsey don't, as well as being a decent age and used to winning an awful lot.

Probably out of Villa's reach but then again I've thought the same of many players we've signed recently. Maybe Digne could have a word.👀

3 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I wonder if Corentin Tolisso could be possible at all. He's leaving Bayern on a free and I've not really seen him linked to anywhere yet, but he seems the kind of player that could be an ideal fit were he interested. Very much an 8 but has played as a DM at times previously too, also a good range of passing and comfortable taking the ball from deep so would offer the balance that McGinn/Ramsey don't, as well as being a decent age and used to winning an awful lot.

Probably out of Villa's reach but then again I've thought the same of many players we've signed recently. Maybe Digne could have a word.👀

Such a brilliant player.

So many question marks over fitness.

17 minutes ago, Indigo said:

He could have a Martin Laursen type of turnaround in regards to his health, he's a very talented player I'm just a bit cautious. It also could be a case that his body can't adapt to Bayern's training methods, I'm sure their training methods are very intense. Not everyones bodies can handle that much, Dembele is a good example and eventually they changed his routine and for the second half of the season he played in a lot of Barca's games.

• Like 1

Reckon we are probably done this window which is why everyone has gone on holiday now for a month, ready to come back in July for the pre season in Australia. A few more outgoings hopefully and then onto the season we go! 

• Haha 1

She's fairly accurate with transfer news, I'm sure she was one of the first that knew about the Coutinho deal?

Anyway Sangare would be a good signing but with Chelsea looking to spend a lot on revamping their squad, if they want him he'll likely pick them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

La fee is £15m, but who's the player? 

I don’t know but it sounds like he’s coming from a French team. 

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Reckon we are probably done this window which is why everyone has gone on holiday now for a month, ready to come back in July for the pre season in Australia. A few more outgoings hopefully and then onto the season we go! 

I don’t think people going on holiday has anything to do with transfers. It’s early in the closed season, when else would they go?  We’re far from finished  I suspect. So far we’ve been active and caught a lot of other clubs on the hop. But we’ve only really added a CB and a DCM. That’s hardly a major overhaul regardless of how good the individual signings have been.