Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

so im guessing this is an accompanying piece to a tweet last month that villa are interested in tarkowski, which of course wasn't wrong, we were interested, now we're not, gregg didn't just make it up

the ass covering is now complete

3 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Would folk be into the idea of Richarlison? Wants out of Everton, will likely be holding out for a club in Europe and cost a wedge but just curious.

I wouldn’t complain but i think money better spent in other positions.

@nick76 if Gerrard wants 2 players per position + 3 or 4 youth players. Assuming Targett is leaving at a minimum on Loan again with loan fee + wages covered. Then we need another LB. We have too many midfielders / attackers who need to be moved on before we can really recruit other positions. 

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

no links for any of the players we are trying to sell this summer. Think we will have a problem shifting players especially with a shorter pre-season

When does league start?

22 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Would folk be into the idea of Richarlison? Wants out of Everton, will likely be holding out for a club in Europe and cost a wedge but just curious.

I don't like his feigning injury but other than that I would love him at Villa. I was reading about him last night as I pondered him joining Villa and discovered he is only 25. I thought he was about 29. He seems to have been around for ever. He would be a big upgrade on Ollie is we could flog him

• Like 1

Retained / released  list should be out this week.

New scholars usually announced July I think, but might be earlier this year with season starting earlier. 

41 minutes ago, Zatman said:

no links for any of the players we are trying to sell this summer. Think we will have a problem shifting players especially with a shorter pre-season

I dunno, maybe wait for the window to open before worrying too much?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, rubberman said:

I dunno, maybe wait for the window to open before worrying too much?

We have a 4 game international break to get through and then players will understandably want a holiday. This thread will be in meltdown in about 3 weeks time calling for Gerrard's head and postulating that NSWE are no longer committed to the project

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

We have a 4 game international break to get through and then players will understandably want a holiday. This thread will be in meltdown in about 3 weeks time calling for Gerrard's head and postulating that NSWE are no longer committed to the project

I do like that the people who constantly mock this hypothetical moaning and bed wetting are literally the same posters who actually did all this over the last few years with the previous manager. 

Fits a certain Alanis Morrisette song. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I do like that the people who constantly mock this hypothetical moaning and bed wetting are literally the same posters who actually did all this over the last few years with the previous manager. 

Care to show a quote to back that up or is it easier to just make accusations 

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You mean ‘Reasons I Drink’? 😂

• Haha 2