Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

We've signed Coutinho, looks like we might be signing Kamara, we also brought in Digne, I don't think we're showing that kind of ambiton to then just leave the forward line as it is, I think we will bring in a striker and it will be another name to match the ambition of those previous names, wouldn't be surprised to see us break our transfer record on that position.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I just can’t see us keeping both AND signing a new 40m or so striker. Plus having Archer on the periphery. 

I wouldn’t mind having all of these options at our disposal. But it seems unlikely to me.

To my knowledge there isn't a good player for a good price worth buying in the position anyway.....

We missed out on Tammy last year which was the chance to sort that position out and brought Ings instead.

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

To my knowledge there isn't a good player for a good price worth buying in the position anyway.....

We missed out on Tammy last year which was the chance to sort that position out and brought Ings instead.

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

TAMMY ABRAHAM DID NOT WANT TO COME BACK TO ASTON VILLA. Ffs.

Yeah, I’m inclined to agree (I said as much the other day in Tammy’s thread). 

I certainly don’t think it was an either/or situation with Ings.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MaVilla said:

well, that Man City game just proved, once again, just how much surgery this team needs.

Epic bottle job, weak minded squid spines.

I stand by what i said, half this team needs replacing this window.

First and third goal was Buendia and Cash not taking responsibility for their respective men. Second Emi would have saved and Chambers should have made more of an effort to block it.

I have just been watching the goals again and what I took from that period was we should have tried to retain the ball and sideways pass to simply recycle. The players couldn't keep pace and I think that is what affected the shape and lack of wanting to take responsibility for marking people.

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Yeah, I’m inclined to agree (I said as much the other day in Tammy’s thread). 

I certainly don’t think it was an either/or situation with Ings.

Well we will never know, I said at the time I supported last summers signings except Ing's as he wouldn't fit the then style of play and I felt we paid too much for Emi although I was happy with the signing. I wanted to sign him when they went down.

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I assumed he has some sort of evidence of his claim.

Are you a court of law?

It was common knowledge he wanted to stay with Chelsea then we signed Watkins instead.

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Are you a court of law?

It was common knowledge he wanted to stay with Chelsea then we signed Watkins instead.

Uh...  It was common knowledge Chelsea had a transfer embargo that summer and brought in Lampard to "usher in a new era of Chelsea" made up of their highly rated youth players breaking through like Tammy, Mount, Tomori, etc.  We wanted to sign him but Chelsea set a high price on him that window because Lampard wanted to keep him around and they couldn't buy another striker to replace him.

Just now, KMitch said:

Uh...  It was common knowledge Chelsea had a transfer embargo that summer and brought in Lampard to "usher in a new era of Chelsea" made up of their highly rated youth players breaking through like Tammy, Mount, Tomori, etc.  We wanted to sign him but Chelsea set a high price on him that window because Lampard wanted to keep him around and they couldn't buy another striker to replace him.

Uh ok. Thanks for filling me in.

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Are you a court of law?

Maybe Paul514, is really Camille.....

image.png.9eefb714354c0a4d3b97b67f292dd751.png

OBJECTION!!!

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 1

Actually think rather than Tammy, Calum Wilson was a missed opportunity in summer 2020.

8 goals in 18 games and 12 in 26 the season before so roughly 1 in 2 and he'll be a good sub off the bench for Newcastle next season.

He'd have been a good alternative to Ollie tbh.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Are you a court of law?

I was talking about last summer

8 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Our transfer windows tend to be much better than our football seasons.

I think generally this site gets a bit more traffic during the summer window, the time of hope and optimism.

Then they bugger off once the season starts.

They are probably the wisest of us all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2